Fabricating boom tubes

Done :D
The neighbors are gonna love this :D

[ame]http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=-2893010761111628938[/ame]

24957c46b264ab.jpg

24957c46cbb3e8.jpg

Also fabbed a little coolant overflow bottle while I was at it:

24957c46eb3e94.jpg

Wooden doubt my old friend could tell the engine from the sound, but what is it?? a 440??.....sent him this link here some time ago, but no engine info...

:crap:

360, new heads, intake and cam going in soon, aiming for at least 400 HP from it, has 305 now

The neighbors are complaining already, I don't understand why. It's just running a little rough still and low on tranny fluid (already topped it off, didn't shoot a new vid) Needed fluid because of the extra cooler and deeper pan it needed more slush juice)

Xander really drives like a woman, floor it man (that's what I said in the 1st couple of secs of the vid)

[ame]http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=1100980840871648175&hl=nl[/ame]

The neighbors are complaining already, I don't understand why. It's just running a little rough still and low on tranny fluid (already topped it off, didn't shoot a new vid) Needed fluid because of the extra cooler and deeper pan it needed more slush juice)

Xander really drives like a woman, floor it man (that's what I said in the 1st couple of secs of the vid.

Ha come on man... we need to see a burnout out of this thing!
It has a line lock on it, does it?
Give the neighbor a real reason to complain.

Nice nasty sounding ride.

That thing reminds me of some of the Dragin Wagons that ran in the mid/late 60's at Capitol Raceway.......not one ounce of wheel spin.....course we mostly all running 7" Castler recap slicks....poor boy's tires.....

some of them Pontiacs were just crazy, and a few Chryslers too....that car is much later, I don't think the 360 showed till early 70's.....

I have had a long series of the inevitable high mileage 318 engine in a long list of trucks.....none of them with much less than 200k on them....

Last edited:
I know what a weed sprayer is, the exhaust reminds you of it? :D

Gene, the 360 is a crate engine (not a magnum). The orange 70 coronet convertible has a 318, what a laughable POS. You should see that mighty rochester 2 bbl on it LOL

Michel, no line lock. Burnouts are off until we are certain the tranny is topped off. It can take quite some time to burp the oil cooler.

I know what a weed sprayer is, the exhaust reminds you of it? :D

Gene, the 360 is a crate engine (not a magnum). The orange 70 coronet convertible has a 318, what a laughable POS. You should see that mighty rochester 2 bbl on it LOL

Michel, no line lock. Burnouts are off until we are certain the tranny is topped off. It can take quite some time to burp the oil cooler.

Hey, don't be a knockin' on my 318 2bbl now, it runs just fine here in Florida now, hated cold weather worse than me....:crap: but with 300k on this one alone, and many hundreds on the others also....I got no complaints....run the socks off them things....I have a rear diffy from a 440 tow car in my truck now...been there over 15 years now....321 posi, 9.25 Auburn.....have police wheels on all 4 corners too....:D complete with the small coak bottle caps and holes in them.....

:crutches::yahoo:

Mopar trannies don't feed the convertor or cooler lines in Park, being that the tranny has been drained and a new deeper sump plus oil cooler with new lines is installed the cooler although pre filled will not get fluid in park, you have to put it in gear to get the oil flowing. Not wanting to fuck up the tranny and especially the converter bushing I have to make sure it's topped off before doing burnouts.

Mopar trannies don't feed the convertor or cooler lines in Park, being that the tranny has been drained and a new deeper sump plus oil cooler with new lines is installed the cooler although pre filled will not get fluid in park, you have to put it in gear to get the oil flowing. Not wanting to fuck up the tranny and especially the converter bushing I have to make sure it's topped off before doing burnouts.

I would imagine just idling in Drive for 1 minute would do it. At 120PSI, it won't take long.

This was a complete new build, not just the exhaust. New brakes, top end rebuilt engine, flushed converter, new tranny pan, filter...wah wah. So, had to get the engine to run properly first, test the brakes, fill the tranny and check a bunch of stuff. After first topping the tranny off after having idled in D and shifting through all forward and reverse gear it had to be topped off twice more after taking it for a short spin and getting it to operating temperature. It wasn't just a matter of running it in D and dumping the fluid in. The vid was the 1st time it rolled under it's own power, 10 minutes after bleeding the brakes and filling up the tranny for the 1st time and checking the engine for leaks and timing.

I had to double check a whole lot of stuff, since I had fabricated a whole lot of stuff myself, partially the radiator, the overflow, the master cylinder reservoir and brake lines, reworked the accessory system and it was -10C outside. With quite some time I'm not talking about hours, I mean, it was not just put in D top off and hammer on it,

it was -10C outside.

Ouch, you werent kidding when you said you are freezing your ass over there!

-17C here and were allready frozen. Got the Mustang out of the garage ( I'm building a sandblast cabinet and needed the space to work) and went around the block a bit.
Mustang wont do burnouts on ice + took a lot of sand in the driveway to get the damn thing back inside.

I admire your fabrication skills. I have never heard of boom tubes before but the video you posted explains why they are called boom tubes.
Great job Twin_Turbo

Some spacers and super special McMaster allen head bolts solved the whole alternator issue. It now works flawlessly with the KRC system.

2495fa0c9edf91.jpg

Almost cruising time, just have to have the hood hinges galvanized and paint the N96 ram air scoops and figure out how to get the N96 underside stuff working with this intake setup.