Fabricating boom tubes

I have to say, That is the most "Ghetto" thing I have ever seen Marc do.:smash::stirpot::lol::lol::lol:

Hey now, don't crap on my new toy :D
Told you I wanted one of those trailer park Camaros :D

24937d4ec493fa.jpg

No it does not :D I'm getting those 19" wheels, I need them because of the 13" baer brakes that will pop up @ your place LOL

at least you didn't buy 24" bling bling wheels with hubcap style spinners, there are quiet a few of those around here.
No breaks yet, hopefully El Hombre shipped them......

Oh, and an auto dimmer mirror should pop up too LOL.

Those are bimmer wheels, can't get any decent wheels here for these cars. The iroc wheels are available in 18 inch also but they are chromed and I hate chrome. No one makes them in a machined finish with the recesses painted.

These are 20" with rubber band tires, I want 19s with some decent sidewalls, this looks like ass.
24937e299113db.jpg

Back to the boom tubes, one side almost done. Had to cut and bend the tubes to clear the subframe connector.

Both "finished" before chopping and getting the angles in there.
2493af21f02bb0.jpg

Still have to final cut the end, the cut will also make the exit perpendicular to the ground.
2493af22086cb5.jpg

Cut and partially rewelded.
2493af222339c0.jpg

The thicker "sleeve" part is an expansion joint. The slip joint part is fabricated in such a way that the front exhaust pipe slips into it but there's also a pipe inisde. The exhaust pipem slides in between giving it a tight seal without having to slide the pipe in all the way.
2493af2238b855.jpg

Nice work! No mufflers, no nothin'.

Doesn't that attract the police over there? You could probably get away with it here but the neighbors would hate you:pprrtt:

When you get it off the lift, get a picture of the side of the car.

No mufflers yet, got 3" in/out magnaflows from Summit coming this way. Thinking about running it like this first, then doing the mufflers and swapping heads, intake and cam. Got cat iron crap now (alu performer intake) needs new goodies: :)

2493b0e453975b.jpg

Oh, and an auto dimmer mirror should pop up too LOL.

Those are bimmer wheels, can't get any decent wheels here for these cars. The iroc wheels are available in 18 inch also but they are chromed and I hate chrome. No one makes them in a machined finish with the recesses painted.

These are 20" with rubber band tires, I want 19s with some decent sidewalls, this looks like ass.
24937e299113db.jpg

I don't see how in hell those type wheels/tires can last at ALL on the roads around here....the rumble strips past the grade school here will wipe them out....and going slo really is a PIA.....car rattles less if you do 25-30 mph then stop for them.....

much less the patches in the road....lotsa sinkholes due to sand bar location...

All my cars have very stiff suspension, I'm used to it. And yes, last year I had 3 tire blowouts on the German highway, their roads SUCK!

2494576dd12e9c.jpg

Humm, those 3" magnaflow mufflers don't muffle a whole lot do they? LOL

[ame]http://video.google.nl/videoplay?docid=8897695044614668835&hl=nl[/ame]

Back to the boom tubes, one side almost done. Had to cut and bend the tubes to clear the subframe connector.

Both "finished" before chopping and getting the angles in there.
2493af21f02bb0.jpg

Hey, you need another of those Firebird wheels??? 15X8 man, I got one extra here.....dunno if worth all that shipping though...unless you need it....

:beer:

Got a full set, if you want to get rid of it, put it on the bay, they are pretty sought after