Don't hesitate to participate.

I agree with John as well. I also think there is a place for both and, indeed, both are probably better off having the other. I understand what Bird is trying to do and applaud it, but I don't like to post a lot of my more basic questions here for the very reasons that both of you state. I don't think that's a bad thing.

What are those little knobs under the dash for anyways? :tomato:

You have only one, but I had 3 so what were the other 2 4????

nanner nanner nanner bet U don't know!!!

:evil::clobbered:

I agree with John as well. I also think there is a place for both and, indeed, both are probably better off having the other. I understand what Bird is trying to do and applaud it, but I don't like to post a lot of my more basic questions here for the very reasons that both of you state. I don't think that's a bad thing.

Damned know it all :waxer:

Besides, I don't have one any more. I broke the freeking thing off crawling around under there trying to make sure that there were no issues with the hydroboost linkage. At least I broke it off closed.

Last edited:
Actually, it went like this:

"What kind of Vehicle do you have?"
Answer;
"Blue".

Yes sir, that is my life. :rain:

BTW;
I'm getting another guy to help out here. He is a FORD guy. We always laff at the way we make our living.

I have a suspicion if I worked with you there, I would not last long, from falling off the chair laughing so hard, you have to call the medics.....

dejavu all over again just like being a TV shop manager.....the shit I had to wade through to get a straight answer......:twitch::surrender::eek:

Remember this, the dumbing down of American has started.:huh:

Besides, I don't have one any more. I broke the freeking thing off crawling around under there trying to make sure that there were no issues with the hydroboost linkage. At least I broke it off closed.

shit, lemme look around, but I have one flopped on the shelf here somewhere still....been outta there for some ten years now...every once in a while I trip over them.....I can send it no sweat....50,000 bux for postage though....

:banghead::drink:

shit, lemme look around, but I have one flopped on the shelf here somewhere still....been outta there for some ten years now...every once in a while I trip over them.....I can send it no sweat....50,000 bux for postage though....

:banghead::drink:

Won't cost you $50k to paint your car pink. :lol:

What's the third one for? Lockup?

:banghead::drink:[/QUOTE]

Won't cost you $50k to paint your car pink. :lol:

What's the third one for? Lockup?[/QUOTE]

It IS the desired purple polka dots over the pink what run the cost up, then the pussy cat with white sparkles over the hood.....

there were two black vacuum switches on my '72, one for the wiper door, one for the headlights, and in the middle was a round switch knob for killing the wiper in mid stroke so to make it possible to change blades.....

a very frequent question is about the wiper door opening, but wipers are no go, that switch is in the off position....so it kills ALLLLLL wiper operation, nothing to do with the vacuum operated door......

:shocking: so if you need the black plunger, lemme know, I go fish, and pack a envelope....

I still classify myself as a noob and, as many of you can attest, don't hesitate to ask "dumb" questions. I do, however, try and do my homework before I ask a question. I'll search DC, CF and here and if I can't find a definitive answer, then I'll ask the question. I'm a little bit leery of asking the same question at CF because, as someone already said, I'll immediately get a dozen replies but they'll all be different :confused: - not much help when I don't actually have anyone I can call on the phone or speak to face to face out in this bung hole. Anyway, the guys who's knowledge I respect the most are basically all here.

It'd be a bit easier if "noobs" did a bit of reading first before asking a question, but if they don't, well... they don't I guess. Doesn't really matter.

Oh, my car isn't blue. Is that a problem? Should I paint it blue? What shade? Does anyone have the paint code? :lol:

Oh, my car isn't blue. Is that a problem? Should I paint it blue? What shade? Does anyone have the paint code? :lol:

An amusing sociological experiment would be to paint your car purple with pink polka dots and that white sparkle pussy cat on the hood....

then drive it around to see the reactions.....:gurney::gurney::crap::banghead:

...that white sparkle pussy cat...
Speaking of white cats, my neighbour has a fluffy white cat that insists on sitting on my damn car. Because it's so humid out here, the car's always wet of a night time so every single day, I have fresh, muddy paw prints all over my car and down the windscreen. I HATE that bastard and would dearly love to slam the hood on it's damn head - if I could catch it :mad:

I will, however, fine a cunning way to end all nine of it's shitty, muddy-pawed lives!

I still classify myself as a noob and, as many of you can attest, don't hesitate to ask "dumb" questions. I do, however, try and do my homework before I ask a question. I'll search DC, CF and here and if I can't find a definitive answer, then I'll ask the question. I'm a little bit leery of asking the same question at CF because, as someone already said, I'll immediately get a dozen replies but they'll all be different :confused: - not much help when I don't actually have anyone I can call on the phone or speak to face to face out in this bung hole. Anyway, the guys who's knowledge I respect the most are basically all here.

It'd be a bit easier if "noobs" did a bit of reading first before asking a question, but if they don't, well... they don't I guess. Doesn't really matter.

If your a noob, then I am a supernoob.:lol:

I always try to learn the stuff before I ask, that way I better understand the answer.

I don't agree that CF is good for beginner's. You have to be more than a beginner to sift through all the different replys and figure out the right answer. If you are a noob there, you can get in a bind/confused quick!

If your a noob....beware at CF. Ask your questions here...don't be afraid...all of these guys popped out of momma knowing nothing about cars...well except for Gene.

BTW, my car is blue....Glen...was that you I was talking to on the phone?:lol:

Last edited:
If your a noob....beware at CF. Ask your questions here...don't be afraid...all of these guys popped out of momma knowing nothing about cars...well except for Gene.

BTW, my car is blue....Glen...was that you I was talking to on the phone?:lol:

I dunno if I should laugh or cry....:bonkers: started with bicycles and pliars at age single digit....got into lawnmower engines and gasoline building go carts outta wood and scooter wheels in early teens....learned to drive on a WW2 Generals' Jeep on a relative's farm....pulling farm gear....only 40 acres....today that is full of million buck homes+++......

so yeh, LEADED gas and me are old friends.....

I miss those fumes....

:crutches::crutches:

I ask plenty of dumb questions

Sometimes I reread what I wrote or asked and think wow what an idiot

And besides your supposed to feel like your 7 foot and 350 pounds of muscle on the internet, not be afraid of it

saudivette;19436 At least I've brought [I said:
something[/I] to the forum :thumbs:

This you have done. Not just the pictures of your wife. You have done a great job on this forum.:drink:
Ummm... ok, thanks mate. Can't imagine how but I appreciate the sentiment :thumbs:

Look, it's simple-you add a lot to this forum by just being you.;)

I have four cats-three at the shop and 1 at Jiggles house. There is no need to hurt that cat. There are sprays that you buy that will keep the cat off the car. I know a lot of people don't like cats-I was one-but once you get to know what a cat is really about they are really great to have around.
I'll problably get shit for this, but cats can be your best of friends. I have Ralph for 14 years so far. He loves to travel with me in the Vette and go anywhere I go. Cats are special. Sorry for going on about them. I'm just one of those people that animals like to be around.:nuts:

Last edited:

This you have done. Not just the pictures of your wife. You have done a great job on this forum.:drink:
Ummm... ok, thanks mate. Can't imagine how but I appreciate the sentiment :thumbs:

I have four cats-three at the shop and 1 at Jiggles house. There is no need to hurt that cat. There are sprays that you buy that will keep the cat off the car. I know a lot of people don't like cats-I was one-but once you get to know what a cat is really about they are really great to have around.
I'll problably get shit for this, but cats can be your best of friends. I have Ralph for 14 years so far. He loves to travel with me in the Vette and go anywhere I go. Cats are special. Sorry for going on about them. I'm just one of those people that animals like to be around.:nuts:

So what is this spray? This noob wants to know.

So what is this spray? This noob wants to know.

It's a repellant that you can buy at any Pet Store. I will look here for the name this week end.:)