c-c-c-cold remedy

It'a always best to have the air handler and ductwork in the living space and building soffits are about the only way with existing structures. All multistory condos with concrete floors and ceilings are done this way, not the greatest asthetically by it works well.
If you have a package a/c unit you are somewhat screwed, but with a split system, moving the air handler alone inside will help a lot, usually just have to give up a small closet.
With attic ductwork you can surround and then cover all the ductwork and plenums with at least an r30 unbacked fiberglass rolled insulation. Literally you can layer as much as will fit as long as you still allow for ridge or gable and soffit ventillation (and you never want to access the attic:bounce:)
The great thing about a/c is that it is also a dehumidifier, so condensation shouldn't be a problem. We get anywhere from 10 to 20 gallons of condensate here/day depending on the weather.
Gene's chiller coil can save up to around 70% in usage costs, but the water dump system he uses is a no no these days :smash:, ground water too valuable in Florida.
As far as the intake air, real life example,
A guy built a loft in a warehouse approx 1500 sq ft, the only opening was a metal 3 ft entrance door to a staircase with magnetic weatherstripping (always closed). Had a 3/4" pcv pipe into return plenum for fresh air, and lived there for around 7 years.
Have to really wonder about some of these requirements. Big government.

It'a always best to have the air handler and ductwork in the living space and building soffits are about the only way with existing structures. All multistory condos with concrete floors and ceilings are done this way, not the greatest asthetically by it works well.
If you have a package a/c unit you are somewhat screwed, but with a split system, moving the air handler alone inside will help a lot, usually just have to give up a small closet.
With attic ductwork you can surround and then cover all the ductwork and plenums with at least an r30 unbacked fiberglass rolled insulation. Literally you can layer as much as will fit as long as you still allow for ridge or gable and soffit ventillation (and you never want to access the attic:bounce:)
The great thing about a/c is that it is also a dehumidifier, so condensation shouldn't be a problem. We get anywhere from 10 to 20 gallons of condensate here/day depending on the weather.
Gene's chiller coil can save up to around 70% in usage costs, but the water dump system he uses is a no no these days :smash:, ground water too valuable in Florida.
As far as the intake air, real life example,
A guy built a loft in a warehouse approx 1500 sq ft, the only opening was a metal 3 ft entrance door to a staircase with magnetic weatherstripping (always closed). Had a 3/4" pcv pipe into return plenum for fresh air, and lived there for around 7 years.
Have to really wonder about some of these requirements. Big government.

HUmm..surely I have more than 3/4" of leaks in my system.....:surrender:

and yes, I had been thinking of putting the ducts under the ceiling, it's pretty much a natural in this house, I really can't see why they didn't do it when building the joint....from garage, over front door, down one front b/rm to the closets, 90 to center of house, into the backside down the old master brm all of it up high and not hardly noticed....bunch of shitrock work though....BUT with my WHITE ROOF allowing a gain of only 8F at highest summer heat, it's hardly worth it....winter I can see it, but went with the water coil.....

and as for a shortage of water in FLORIDA, that is bullshit brought to you by the green weenie crowd.....go to some of those springs and see the trillions of gallons of fresh water going into the gulf/atlantic all that water in 3 miles wide of the St. Johns river and countless thousands of feeder creeks....this ain't So. California.....there is ONE cave just south of T'hassee, where they filmed one of the Tarzan flicks....it alone pushes as much water into the gulf nearby.....to equal the flow of the Potomac river, where the main water plant for Wash DC gets it's water from....about 2 miles north of Potomac Maryland, along River Road....it USED to be wide open, see the damn, waterfall, and the whole thing, took a tour of the joint.....did a Google on it not long ago, even the nice wide sign is all purposely obscured with plant/shrubbery now......national security site.....:bump::surrender:

I think it's funny, really.....

:bounce::bounce:

and as for a shortage of water in FLORIDA, that is bullshit brought to you by the green weenie crowd.....go to some of those springs and see the trillions of gallons of fresh water going into the gulf/atlantic all that water in 3 miles wide of the St. Johns river and countless thousands of feeder creeks....this ain't So. California.....there is ONE cave just south of T'hassee, where they filmed one of the Tarzan flicks....it alone pushes as much water into the gulf nearby.....to equal the flow of the Potomac river, where the main water plant for Wash DC gets it's water from....about 2 miles north of Potomac Maryland, along River Road....it USED to be wide open, see the damn, waterfall, and the whole thing, took a tour of the joint.....did a Google on it not long ago, even the nice wide sign is all purposely obscured with plant/shrubbery now......national security site.....:bump::surrender:

Back in the early 70's I lived out in the sticks near Deland and had a big pond about 12 ft deep, neighbors had a lake in front of their houses and there was a big lake about 1/2 mile away. Pond is dry and the big lake barely has enough water in it for frogs to survive.
Down here is easy to see by the amount of water in the Glades or Lake Okeechobee (backup water supply), they're down a few feet too.

I know some are crying wolf a little early, but it's not like it was years ago.
I think all of Florida is on water restrictions now.

Back in the early 70's I lived out in the sticks near Deland and had a big pond about 12 ft deep, neighbors had a lake in front of their houses and there was a big lake about 1/2 mile away. Pond is dry and the big lake barely has enough water in it for frogs to survive.
Down here is easy to see by the amount of water in the Glades or Lake Okeechobee (backup water supply), they're down a few feet too.

I know some are crying wolf a little early, but it's not like it was years ago.
I think all of Florida is on water restrictions now.

Yeh, I hear you, they blame some mining operation near Middleburg/Keystone heights....the lakes are lo, really lo, but long term guys who are neighbor friends here blame the mining....but the lakes has some elevation to them too, so I dunno how they ever could hold water in the first place, given this is a sand bar.....
far as my pump is concerned, it's a 1/2 PVC on suck and discharge is same and then splits off into two lines for irrigation over the property....so the water goes right back into the dirt.....I fail to see the harm.....

:p:beer: