build a better spreader bar

You could if you do it like BBShark.

You could also do it if you did it the conventional way, it may not be smart but it's possible but you shouldn't do it and maybe you should make it adjustable if youcan but maybe it can be made solid if you can..... :suicide::sos:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You could if you do it like BBShark.

You could also do it if you did it the conventional way, it may not be smart but it's possible but you shouldn't do it and maybe you should make it adjustable if youcan but maybe it can be made solid if you can..... :suicide::sos:

:pprrtt::pprrtt:

Oooh...I don't remember but it was longer (too long) than what you see there. i cut about 1/2" from the ends (that's where the flats were).

Just measure your car, deduct some for the brackets, some for adjustment and about 2.5" for the rod end head/jam nut (a 5/8 rod end has about 1" distance from the top of the threads to the center of the rod eye, adda jam nut and you're right around 1.25" per side)

Oooh...I don't remember but it was longer (too long) than what you see there. i cut about 1/2" from the ends (that's where the flats were).

Just measure your car, deduct some for the brackets, some for adjustment and about 2.5" for the rod end head/jam nut (a 5/8 rod end has about 1" distance from the top of the threads to the center of the rod eye, adda jam nut and you're right around 1.25" per side)

Thanks for the info I think I can figure it out from there.

I can give you a measurement tonight

I just need to drill a hole and weld a nut on one and then install it and I'll tell you how long

I think my current bar is something like 17"

I can give you a measurement tonight

I just need to drill a hole and weld a nut on one and then install it and I'll tell you how long

I think my current bar is something like 17"

Thanks for the offer... I Just started fabbing up the brackets tonight. I think I will need an 18" bar not sure yet. When I get the brackets installed I will measure and be sure. It seems the sleeve is ranging from 17-19" depending how you mount it.

I think I may have put the hole on the other bracket on the wrong side :smash:.I haven't been down to our shop to check though yet

101_1733.jpg

101_1732.jpg

Is it the pic or are the threads rolled over in the nut? It may be because you are damaging the threads with the drilled hole. Next time, use a chamfer drill to taper the hole so the threads won't get rolled over because of interference. I like the little gusset you added :thumbs:

Last edited:
I just wanted to save you guys some time on part # searching for the spreader bar twin turbo made. I just ordered the parts so here ya go

You can get all of the parts from speedwaymotors.com

Here are all of the part numbers needed

1170810L LH male heim joint 9.99
1170810 RH male heim joint 9.99
3159603 RH jam nut 1.99
3159604 LH jam nut 1.99
91034158-19 19" tie rod sleeve 10.99

The 19 at the end of the sleeve part number indicates the length, so if you need a 17" bar you would use 91034158-17

You forgot the reducer bushings. If you want to use a 1/2" bolt instead of a massive 5/8 one. Or you could buy 5/8 shank, 1/2" eye rod ends.

McMaster:

Part Number: 92949A756 $14.31 per Pack of 5
Head Style
Button

Material Type
Stainless Steel

Finish
Plain

Stainless Steel Type
18-8 Stainless Steel

Drive Style
Hex Socket

Inch Thread Size
1/2"-20

Length
1-1/2"

Thread Length
Fully Threaded

Thread Direction
Right Handed

Now thats what I am talking about!!! Information overload

Thanks for the reply and for posting the first one :thumbs:

I just wanted to save you guys some time on part # searching for the spreader bar twin turbo made. I just ordered the parts so here ya go

You can get all of the parts from speedwaymotors.com

Here are all of the part numbers needed

1170810L LH male heim joint 9.99
1170810 RH male heim joint 9.99
3159603 RH jam nut 1.99
3159604 LH jam nut 1.99
91034158-19 19" tie rod sleeve 10.99

The 19 at the end of the sleeve part number indicates the length, so if you need a 17" bar you would use 91034158-17

so you went an ordered your parts and did not even ask me if i wanted to order mine too :confused: i'm not feeling the love anymore :tomato:
That's it no soup for you,one year :lol::lol:

so you went an ordered your parts and did not even ask me if i wanted to order mine too :confused: i'm not feeling the love anymore :tomato:
That's it no soup for you,one year :lol::lol:

Yeper got the stuff ordered today it should be here Wednesday. I did think about asking you, but I knew you didn't have the bracket yet and you would need that to determine the bar length. So nana! :stirpot: