Bird Run III pics

I like the idea of a Death Valley cruise. My ratty 81 would make it from Vegas...probably:lol:

If you're willing to try your ratty 81 from Vegas, I'm willing to try my ratty 73 from San Fran. Maybe we can get a group rate with Darrow at AAA.

...I've a big garage with an acre of ground where we can all convalesce....:cool:
Kind of like an elephant's graveyard?

An elephant graveyard is a place where, according to legend, older elephants instinctively direct themselves when they reach a certain age. They then die there alone, far from the group. The term has entered the proverbial store of English metaphors as a venerable repository or resting place for a collection, group or type.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant's_graveyard

I've been mad at it lately so it's been sitting. Hopefully learning it's lesson. Been driving the XKE every day just to rub salt in the wound. Today I aired up the left rear tire and hit the key to be rewarded with a steady purr.

My psychology does work it seems....:thankyou:

Seriously though, every thing has been going into the motor home transmission repairs and getting the new (old) racer ready for a debut in Vegas in two weeks. Only now are things settling down enough to bring the Vette back over for attention. I work out of town all week so the weekends are rather intensive.

Last edited:
I've been mad at it lately so it's been sitting. Hopefully learning it's lesson. Been driving the XKE every day just to rub salt in the wound. Today I aired up the left rear tire and hit the key to be rewarded with a steady purr.

My psychology does work it seems....:thankyou:

Seriously though, every thing has been going into the motor home transmission repairs and getting the new (old) racer ready for a debut in Vegas in two weeks. Only now are things settling down enough to bring the Vette back over for attention. I work out of town all week so the weekends are rather intensive.

Sounds like your ready. I would liked to be able to go to vegas. But its not going to happen for a while.