Bird Run III pics

A fire in Arizona i had to drive through on the way home. The inside of my truck still smells like burnt grass.
384c9ab6af05dcf.jpg
384c9ab6b036b71.jpg
384c9ab6b1ce1cd.jpg
384c9ab6b34f303.jpg
384c9ab6b4604fc.jpg

Wasn't much of a fire either,......not like it was a forest anyway....

or all the growth that in '98 we had the FLORIDA fires, no rain for many months, and so the state was on fire...that was a very evil time here, I had just moved here year previous, and the sight of totally intact young tree leaves burnt to charcoal and landing on my lawn, was a first for me...sorta sad really.....and the smoke was silly, yeh, everything around stunk for months....

SW is a really interesting place, totally unique to a east coaster....

only been through it twice and not long enough either time....

:nuts::huh::bounce:

more pics.
Darrow calling for a tow truck :lol:
384c9be8ba7b0e8.jpg

New Mexico sunset
384c9be8b884d04.jpg

384c9be8bc7b0d6.jpg
384c9be8b7120e2.jpg

I believe insurance rates and fires were discussed about this time.:D

OK, we all had a good time! :yahoo:
NOW, it's time to start thinking about a Jan/Feb/Mar trip to someplace that's too hot for the summer. Death Valley, Yuma, etc.????

OK, we all had a good time! :yahoo:
NOW, it's time to start thinking about a Jan/Feb/Mar trip to someplace that's too hot for the summer. Death Valley, Yuma, etc.????

Death Valley would be a great trek. It is spectacular in Feb-March. Great thinking Mr. G.

Last time I was there, 2 Air Force jet were repeatedly practicing barrel rolls at 400'/500' altitude down a long flat valley. It would take them about 5 minutes to circle around and blast through again. We stopped and watched them for about 1/2 hr. Pretty cool.
We spent the night at some sleezy casio just over the Nv. line. Good trip.