Besides the Vette - what else you wrenchin' on?

I got an axle underneath now

101_2119.jpg

One tire is bigger than the other in the rear, thats why it's leaning

I got an axle underneath now

101_2119.jpg

One tire is bigger than the other in the rear, thats why it's leaning

It's coming along :thumbs:

Hey Chris, what team you playing hockey on this season? Is it High School, or is it a private club? My son (he's a '90) is playing on a T1 team here in AZ sponsored by PF Changs.

I'm playing u18AA, I'm a 91 so I have 2 more seasons ahead of me.

I'm playing high school also, not very tough competition though

I think I'm the only one that uses a wood stick. My pants are also 10 years old, sadly I got news a week or two ago :smash:

untitled-4.jpg

Gulf Coast Flames???

I think I'm the only one that uses a wood stick. My pants are also 10 years old, sadly I got news a week or two ago :smash:

untitled-4.jpg

let's see those too. Reminds me of when I had to do surgery on my rocker channels in the Vette. I never want to tackle that job again :cry:

Bubba thought it was a great idea to use sheetmetal screws and pop rivets to attache Home depot style angle bars to the frame and place some sheetmetal on top of that.... I am SO GLAD THAT IDIOT DID NOT HAVE A WELDER !!!!!

100_2789.jpg
100_2810.jpg
100_2803.jpg
100_2812.jpg
100_3100.jpg

The good thing is: there was not a single repair patch welded to the body when I started, except the floor it was all original 1968. I replaced the floor, rockers, rear fender sections, rear quarters, rear apron, lower fender corners and front fender lower corners and front lower apron.... it's solid like a tank now....

Gulf Coast Flames???

untitled-4.jpg

Yeah. I think they went to Arizona last year

They did - it was at the Presidents Day tourney that I directed for the Polar Bears (my son played there the past 3 years). Pretty good team as I recall. Good luck this season - keep me posted on how you are doing. I just dropped my son at the airport - they are playing in Dallas this weekend (first weekend of MWEHL league games).

let's see those too. Reminds me of when I had to do surgery on my rocker channels in the Vette. I never want to tackle that job again :cry:

Bubba thought it was a great idea to use sheetmetal screws and pop rivets to attache Home depot style angle bars to the frame and place some sheetmetal on top of that.... I am SO GLAD THAT IDIOT DID NOT HAVE A WELDER !!!!!

100_2789.jpg
100_2810.jpg
100_2803.jpg
100_2812.jpg
100_3100.jpg

The good thing is: there was not a single repair patch welded to the body when I started, except the floor it was all original 1968. I replaced the floor, rockers, rear fender sections, rear quarters, rear apron, lower fender corners and front fender lower corners and front lower apron.... it's solid like a tank now....

Damn dude - that was a lot of work to clean up that mess!!!

I patched a few rust holes and painted this a few months ago. It's a '78 Nova. Not very popular but was a cheap, good running car that I could try my hand at painting. I've gotten a few other cars up to the color stage but always had a pro do the color and clear. Figured I had nothing to lose with this one. I did the two tone with painted stripe, jambs, under hood, truck, etc. Also did the stinger hood. Figured if this comes out good, all others will be a piece of cake (haha).
007-1.jpg
[/IMG]
nova4003.jpg
[/IMG]
nova4005.jpg
[/IMG]
nova4006.jpg
[/IMG]

I've gotten a few other cars up to the color stage but always had a pro do the color and clear.

Clear coat is easy after all, huh? I am the opposite. Painting is easy. Prep/body work sucks wienies.

I've gotten a few other cars up to the color stage but always had a pro do the color and clear.

Clear coat is easy after all, huh? I am the opposite. Painting is easy. Prep/body work sucks wienies.

The painting was easier then I expected once I got the gun set up. The BC/CC system is a great thing for rookies. All the masking was the biggest pain, but not difficult. I always let someone else spray the paint as that's the costly stuff. Body work I don't mind but still working on the welding paper thin metal techniques.
I had plenty of orange peel to sand out and buff but it's about done. I used pearl in the first clear coat and used waaayyy too much for my taste. The blue looks purple at times.
All in all, the worst part to me was the 1000, 1500 and 2000 grit sanding and buffing. But I enjoyed doing the project and have a few others in line for this winter, if I get to it. Hopefully I can reduce the orange peel/sanding on the next ones.
Thanks for the compliments.

I'm taking a pause from my project cars and given my old pickup a freshing up. Got the new exhaust on and some underdrive pulleys. The exhaust was the biggest PITA I have ever done. Took me several weeks to get it together thanks to 3 broken off studs in the cylinder heads and two exhaust kits that didn't come close to fitting. I do like the sound though, so at least it turned out nice; just alot more work than I was expecting.

Now I'm replacing the injectors and the 8 coils .... this is turning out to be a fun job.

IMG_1218R.JPG

IMG_1221R.JPG

IMG_1224R.JPG

IMG_1223R.JPG

IMG_1222R.JPG