Besides the Vette - what else you wrenchin' on?

I have a 38 Buick and an 84 Winnebago in for work. Does that count? I'll post pictures tomarrow. (Ever seen Dougs headers on a Winnie?):crap:

348b0cbaa9e37d.jpg
348b0cbab1a37b.jpg
348b0cbab81029.jpg
Doug Thorely Tri-Wy headers, Edelbrock performer, mild RV cam, True double roller, MSD HEI (curved by Bird), starter rebuilt by Bird, and Elec choke conversion and carb tuned by Lars. All smog removed, rebuilt Turbo 400 w/RV T/C and 40,000GVW cooler.

Good old Holley home of the engine fires and fuel leaks....

Holley comes in two differant types.....the ones that leak and the ones that will leak....

:crap::crap::crap:

Lose the Quadrajunk carb and the motor will thank you. Replace it with a Holley ;)

He is more interested in milage these days. I believe the Quadrajet is the ticket there.;)

If the manifold will take it, a Carter AFB would be a nice choice for performance and economy. Economy depends a lot on how the vehicle is driven. The Holley Spread Bore (direct Quadrajunk replacement) is 650 CFM, which is actually smaller than the Quadrajunk (750CFM).
As to leaking, I haven't had ANY problems with Holleys leaking. Only leakers I've ever had were the Autolite 4 barrel carbs that were used in the late 60s and early 70s. They were crap.

Lose the Quadrajunk carb and the motor will thank you. Replace it with a Holley ;)

He is more interested in milage these days. I believe the Quadrajet is the ticket there.;)

If the manifold will take it, a Carter AFB would be a nice choice for performance and economy. Economy depends a lot on how the vehicle is driven. The Holley Spread Bore (direct Quadrajunk replacement) is 650 CFM, which is actually smaller than the Quadrajunk (750CFM).
As to leaking, I haven't had ANY problems with Holleys leaking. Only leakers I've ever had were the Autolite 4 barrel carbs that were used in the late 60s and early 70s. They were crap.

I hate to say it, but we almost burned the 57 down because a squirter leaked.
Covered the mani with gas.

I have a 38 Buick and an 84 Winnebago in for work. Does that count? I'll post pictures tomarrow. (Ever seen Dougs headers on a Winnie?):crap:

348b0cbaa9e37d.jpg
348b0cbab1a37b.jpg
348b0cbab81029.jpg
Doug Thorely Tri-Wy headers, Edelbrock performer, mild RV cam, True double roller, MSD HEI (curved by Bird), starter rebuilt by Bird, and Elec choke conversion and carb tuned by Lars. All smog removed, rebuilt Turbo 400 w/RV T/C and 40,000GVW cooler.

What cam did you decided on?? Been laid up with the back all phucked up. :crutches:

Going to come by this week.

348b0cbaa9e37d.jpg
348b0cbab1a37b.jpg
348b0cbab81029.jpg

What cam did you decided on?? Been laid up with the back all phucked up. :crutches:

Going to come by this week.

Melling:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BTW...Tri-Y headers are excellent street headers!!! Even better than the hooker 4 tube equal length stuff for street use.