Aluminum fetish.

How about an aluminum foil hat for the owner to block the mindwaves projected from the aliens putting wierd thoughts in our heads?

I've already learned it needs a duct tape chin strap to keep it from blowing off, but thank dog I have mine securely in place or I'd be worried about my s-s-s-sanit-t-t-ty

Instead of fabricating a bunch of small aluminum parts do what I did. Take a 82 coupe and turn it into a convertible :D With no soft-top or hard-top on the car I am sure it shaved quite a bit of weight off the car and added to the fun factor!

next mods too the car will be C4 suspension which should add even more lost weight

DSCF1171.jpg

Last edited:
Instead of fabricating a bunch of small aluminum parts do what I did. Take a 82 coupe and turn it into a convertible :D With no soft-top or hard-top on the car I am sure it shaved quite a bit of weight off the car and added to the fun factor!

Although that would be a great project, the idea is to lose weight on an existing car, with feasable late 60's technology.:D

Although that would be a great project, the idea is to lose weight on an existing car, with feasable late 60's technology.:D

Weren't sawzalls around in the late 60's? :D

My List

Easy or at least should be:

Aluminum Heads
Aluminum Intake
Aluminum Bowtie Small Block
Aluminum Front Brake Hubs
Aluminum SSBC Brakes. These are copies of the two pin J78 castings
Aluminum Master Cylinder. There is one out there that looks just like stock
Aluminum Water Pump
Aluminum Drive and Half Shafts
Aluminum Wheels
Aluminum Rear End Housing, but no one makes one.
Aluminum Radiator
Aluminum Scissor Jack '91 Nissan 300Z looks similar to a Vette jack but aluminum?
Aluminum Flywheel, but not the best for a street car.
Aluminum Seat Tracks, but only if you can find someone that makes these.
Aluminum S6™ Replacement AC Compressor
Aluminum Cast Alternator Bracket from a later model Vette.

And a bit more work to get or have made.

Aluminum Bumpers and their Braces
Aluminum Radiator support stamped with original style dies should not be a challenge:
Aluminum Fuel Tank
Aluminum Vacuum Reservoir. I have one for sell if anyone wants it.
Aluminum '82 FE7 Strut Rods? But I do not think they will fit
Aluminum Brake and Clutch Peddle Assembly? Should be easy
Aluminum Steering Gearbox
Aluminum Rear Trailing Arms

Oddes and Ends.

Drilled out journals on the crank shaft
Misc engine internals
There is a 40 lb casting of cast iron holding the steering column to the brake pedal box and dash. I understand that GM changed it to fabricated sheet metal around about '82 or whenever they redid the interior and raised the steering column.
Thinner glass out of a later model car.
Hollow Sway Bars from a later Vette
and
Titanium Lug Nuts

:hi::waxer::hi:
Aluminum Rear End Housing, but no one makes one.

Why not just install a complete '80 to '82 diff?

Aluminum '82 FE7 Strut Rods? But I do not think they will fit.

Do you know where I can get a hold of a couple?

Do not want to tear the car apart that far. Also, it looks like the 63 Grand Sport which was cast in Alu. Plus I am told that the newer diff is not as strong, and I have been told that it can be buit. I already ripped up one driveshaft.

Junk Yard?

George:hi::waxer: