After two years, my search is through.

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
I am the proud new owner of this jewel.:trumpet:3491f8b0ccc3fd.jpg
3491f8c2ad9634.jpgI am so jazzed, I am driving all the way to Albaquerque myself Monday, 800 miles one way, to pick it up.
This machine does point and HEI units, and even tests the point lobes for equal wear. Now, after I rebuild dizzys and curve them, I can test them on the bench, instead of testing on the car. How cool is that?:drink:

I haven't seen a dizzy machine in some 15+ years now....used to be a speed shop that had one up north....been a few.....

best of luck with your antiquated technology....:clobbered::thumbs::twitch:

kewl..looks to be well taken care of...when in Albuquerque stop and see dep, tell him I SAID he should buy you lunch....

DAMN and to think I was out in ABQ a couple years ago, my sis lives in Santa Fe...El Dorado just south...

gotta just LOVE the scenery on the high plains....great stuff, great trip to the Grand Canyon in AZ there too....

Marck and Xander did well to see most of that....

:quote:

I might have you beat big2bird....I still have my Sears oscilliscope and tach/dwell meter I bought in 1980. Still work fine. Now you need to find a Sun 'scope to go with the dist. machine...

I might have you beat big2bird....I still have my Sears oscilliscope and tach/dwell meter I bought in 1980. Still work fine. Now you need to find a Sun 'scope to go with the dist. machine...

MY scope is a Tektronics 453 from the 70? s yet......

I used to have a 60's vintage Tek back when 540? series 530?....

the old 5" round green trace they showed in al the sci fi movies.....

any of you know what a delayed trigger is???

what is the differance between alternate and chop sweep???

:fishing:

BTDT with 'scopes...from the Vacuum-tube Dumont 'scope I had when I was 12, to the 465's, 475s and 485's I used as an ET in the '70's. Used every probe port on those 'scopes. Then moved up to 10 channel analyzers. Had real fun as a "hot-tech"...fixing TTL panels used in discrete processors (pre-LSI) in the mid-70's. All the boards that other techs couldn't fix...(we called them "Dogs) I got. Learned all about positive and negative slope triggering...lol.

BTDT with 'scopes...from the Vacuum-tube Dumont 'scope I had when I was 12, to the 465's, 475s and 485's I used as an ET in the '70's. Used every probe port on those 'scopes. Then moved up to 10 channel analyzers. Had real fun as a "hot-tech"...fixing TTL panels used in discrete processors (pre-LSI) in the mid-70's. All the boards that other techs couldn't fix...(we called them "Dogs) I got. Learned all about positive and negative slope triggering...lol.

GEEK!! what is rise time, what is the reason for output loading???

and the term Dog, was the same as in the TV trade....I"d travel over to another shop, get hired, and first thing they'd do is toss 'shop dog' on me, I"d typically fix it in a hour or so, and then they'd all shit as it sat there passing every check....bosses turning around and shaking their head....

TTL was used for our metal detectors in the early 80's at that small engineering outfit...the walk through types used in airports/nuclear plants/etc...well we had a logic panel full of about 18? CMOS 140000 series chips.... the receiver had a gated pulse integrator and a lo pass filter with a bandpass of 10 hz, then a chopper amp, into the gain rider and then a trigger circuit.....sometimes we had a scaler on the output for display as to signal strength when looking for .22 ammo, for instance....

I too used a 465 all day long, the company boss had a habit of coming up and twisting all the knobs loosing the trace, and walking away in disgust...freeking brilliant and nice man, but he just had this 'thing' about 'scopes.....anything more than a volume control drove him crazy....

PHD EE too boot....:suicide::lol:

AH, how about this...????

ever hear of a UNGROUNDED NUCLEAR POWER PLANT?????

serious as heart attack.....another thread some day.....for REAL....

HEY JEFF, though hit me,....since the coil is integral to the HEI, when you go to check operation there, you better stand back or your eyes will become strobe lights......

:crap::D:flash::flash: