After two years, my search is through.

How can you tune an HEI?

Set and verify the curve. Test the coil and all functions. Dynamic testing off the car. Test the vacuum advance. Think of it as a dizzy dyno.

FI with ESC, knock sensor....

case CLOSED.....

:D:D:hunter:

:trumpet:Some don't worship your decision. Case re-opened.:harhar:

I would agree with you Bird...especially in the case where the system needs Techron additivie just to get a proper idle. I guess the good old fashioned system of adjusting the advance rate/AFR manually is too low tech:huh:

:smash::pprrtt:

How can you tune an HEI?

Set and verify the curve. Test the coil and all functions. Dynamic testing off the car. Test the vacuum advance. Think of it as a dizzy dyno.

FI with ESC, knock sensor....

case CLOSED.....

:D:D:hunter:

:trumpet:Some don't worship your decision. Case re-opened.:harhar:

I would agree with you Bird...especially in the case where the system needs Techron additivie just to get a proper idle. I guess the good old fashioned system of adjusting the advance rate/AFR manually is too low tech:huh:

:smash::pprrtt:

YEH I hear you on that ok, but when I first had this car up north, I stuck a dead stock L98 on the OEM L48/muncie the car came with....336 rear, car went from 14 mpg to 24 mpg.....almost doubled....20 around town....

but that was up north in the land of decent gas...here in Jacksonville, I can't figger what if hell is going on, but it's all fuel related...has been almost since I been here....everything from water in the tank down the list....

:smash::pprrtt:[/QUOTE]

After 105,000 miles in my 2003 Silverado, it started to "hunt" at idle. A large can of Techron (mixed with 20 gals fuel) made it go away.:huh:

Well??? Got it working yet?

YES, I figgered out the idle problem....water in the fuel...about a gallon in bottom of the tank....question is HOW and why did it get there....

:bonkers:

Glad you got the water out. How'd it get in there....must be a bad gas station? You filled up just as the service station tank was low and had water in it......dunno.

Jeff.....Sun Machine working?