500+ hp l98 heads 355CI and race gas

500 horses? I'm not seeing it happen with L98 heads. Port size too small, you can't get large enough valves in there. IF you can do it, I want to know exactly what you did :D

me three............:bounce:

Smart men right there. :smash: And what heads do you have currently that make power up to 6800 rpm? My AFR 195s with a 236/242 cam top out at 6K. I can spin the motor to 6800 easy, but it doesn't mean that I should.

500 horses? I'm not seeing it happen with L98 heads. Port size too small, you can't get large enough valves in there. IF you can do it, I want to know exactly what you did :D

me three............:bounce:

Smart men right there. :smash: And what heads do you have currently that make power up to 6800 rpm? My AFR 195s with a 236/242 cam top out at 6K. I can spin the motor to 6800 easy, but it doesn't mean that I should.

I dunno, the only people I ever met whose engines I would spin to that kind of RPMs were NASCAR engine people.....Decades ago a fellow in Laurel Md. just off US 1 north of Wash DC....Bill Jones, had ALL the signed pictures, and notes/letters from all the greats of the time, we affectionately called him 'the old man'....built a silly Mutsobitchy engine for a SCCA racer Colt a buddy was running, that first engine put out just a bit more power than the rest and the car was one of the quicker ones out there, BMW's be damned....

the second group is Witcher Machine down the road here in Middleburg Florida...WAY the hell out in the country, they work at night too...less road traffic to disturb their engine balancing.....that freeking critical....

kind of like at the Gator Nats last winter in Gainsville....when did the cars blow up?? wasn't at IDLE I can say that much....they were hauling ass most of them blew at 250+++ mph.....and that was just qualifying rounds on Saturday.....:censored::surrender:

It seems to pull decent

It hits the rev limiter a few times in this vid

Maybe I'll get a full throttle acceleration vid before we put it away for awhile

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlBURRMDllc[/ame]

I think this vid is over 7k rpm, open side pipes

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx1v-eHzWI8[/ame]

Last edited:
Your gonna need a small supercharger like a whipple 2.3L carb kit, or a holley 144.

Your gonna have a little scoop too.

They are l98 heads with a good bit of money in them

Those don't make peak power at 6800 rpm. I'd be surprised to see peak power at 6K. If you drag race it and shift sooner versus 6.8K I'd be willing to bet that your mph would go up.

So you want to upgrade ported L98 heads for ported L98 heads? Save the money on HGs etc. that you'd have to buy for the swap and invest in some big port heads if all you're doing is racing this thing.

I don't have any money for heads right now though, neither do my "sponsors" lol though

But my "sponsors" want to make a motor like my uncles old 650hp hooters cup 350

Ps: my sponsor is my dad and co driver :smash:

Last edited:
I don't have any money for heads right now though, neither do my "sponsors" lol though

But my "sponsors" want to make a motor like my uncles old 650hp hooters cup 350

Ps: my sponsor is my dad and co driver :smash:

I want to know who your dad knows, and shove my nose into what HE knows....

ya know???

:gurney::gurney::loveletter: