1977 Corvette Pro Touring

Woohoo, I have 4 headlights now :) Finally done. Just needs covers but that's it.

548961b318bdea.jpg

Added some mesh to the opening so it still has good ventilation but the stuff behind it will be less obvious.

548961b3319230.jpg

Ballasts & stuff on the underside

548961b34aa221.jpg

Got new mocal coolers, warrenty? Nope, had to buy them. Should have gone with Setrab but the dimensions are not the same and the brackets and rad frame are drilled for these dimensions. oh well, next time no mocal for me

548961b3725744.jpg

548961b38f279d.jpg

If one of these 3 decides to spring a leak I'm going to take this stuff to the headquarters of think auto (manuf of mocal junk) and bash someones skull in with it.

Too bad on them coolers, bastards.....

what is the diameter of the glass on the lights?? and the whole mounting/adjusting system?? I would like brighter more modern lights than the old Camaro bulbs I have in there now....but I wonder if just changing the bulb in backside would work....I actually 'fixed' the lo beams by simply holding two new bulbs in the backside of the square glass with RTV, they work fine for several years now....:bounce:me being CHEEEP and all, but that makes me wonder if I can do something else also....what is the construction technique of them bulbs..?? is there a separate small bulb in the backside of the large lens???

:smash:

Well, added more crap to the car :) The rear was kind of bland looking without the spare tire carrier, just too big of an open space. What to do, well...add more parts :)

So, I decided to rummage around that heap of spare parts called 82 project car and found some neat things. I found a -8 sized oil cooler, some lines, a carbon fiber duct (still needs hoses and a pickup) and a tilton electrical oil pump. Whadda ya know, just what I needed and I know Marck isn't going to use it ... they just belong on the 77 :D

Here's the result. I'm going to switch it off the sender used for the gauge, just like the low fuel light is working with one of those VDO adjustable units. It's going to switch a relay that feeds the pump. This way I won't need to drill for yet another sender (kind of crowded in there) and it will look cleaner with less wires running back and forth.

548d28337d9ec9.jpg

548d28339f25d6.jpg

548d2833bbca6c.jpg

and the covers?? im thinking of mocking up something simular to your lights, just a bit bigger in radius and with angel eyes... like some of the beamers..

Covers aren't done yet, haven't worked on the car for over a month, it's pretty crappy weather so no hurry and I'm waiting on some parts from summit

I tried beamer halo lights at first but they are too large and would mean covers like the ones from fgregg racing which I don't like on a rubber bumper car

Thanks

No updates yet, still waiting on parts to arrive, need to install ducting under the car for the rear end cooler but the ducts are on backorder and have been delayd 3 times.

If I got the ducts instaled I can take the car off the lift, install the sidepipes and finish the interior and it should be near complete

Hey guys, I have a little update again.

We finished the rear end cooler ducting and the muffler inserts for the sidepipes. They still need some stainless wool and then the wool is simply held in with some wire locking wire wrapped around. The inserts tightly fit into the side tubes. This should be a whole lot less restrictive than what's on the market today. The tubing and perforated tubing is all stainless.

249b43173b3245.jpg

249b4317571397.jpg

249b1880c50fd6.jpg

The exhaust stuff

249b431776c5b9.jpg

249b4317916e81.jpg

549b6c08a77e37.jpg

I finally got the last interior bits and pieces, new cargo doors, carpet and trim, console side covers (vinyl covered) and a bunch of other stuff.

The headlamp bezels are also ready, they only need to be carefully contoured into the body shape and painted black.

549b6c0898b6bd.jpg

Nice!! So much DIY fabrication, excellent. I was just wondering if you Dutch guys ever run in to problems with the APK check, (Mandatory Yearly check in the Netherlands for cars older then 3 years)?

Heel mooi V-twin.
Hoop dat ik ooit de tijd en de kennis heb om zoiets te doen. :beer:

Heel mooi V-twin.
Hoop dat ik ooit de tijd en de kennis heb om zoiets te doen. :beer:

Hallo :) dank je voor 't compliment

Finished the interior apart from the seats. Gotta love how all new parts do not color match...oh well....

Also finished installing the weatherstripping and the windshield trim, the top was missing so I used the black one off the 82, the sides will also be painted black.

549db6174d7332.jpg

549db61764998b.jpg

549db6177b0363.jpg

549db61791dc46.jpg

Added a pre filter to the K&N filter, the 16" racing filters (only ones available in that size) don't come oiled and I'm not sure they can be. This should help.
May oil the filter later on, if it can be (gotta figure that out first but it sure looks like a non oiled normal filter)

549db617386a17.jpg

Apart from the dirt...it's looking good IMO

249da4756ae545.jpg

Marck gave me one of these stickers, suits the car perfectly

549db616e339a9.jpg

What is the process you are going to take to contour the headlight bezels? I need to do this to mine because the flat lexan looks horrible.

Want one of them NCRS Not correct restored Stingray....stickers....

IF you can get one, that would be fine....I send money PP....

GENE:D:ghost: