1977 Corvette Pro Touring

That MC does look modern...but then again, looking at your engine compartment, nothin looks ancient...nice clean look. I like it.

Lookin good:thumbs:

Got some more done :) Pretty much finished the center console and main console apart from the indicator lights in the center console (the 4 under the vents)

j7gu9h.jpg

2dkj0us.jpg

Check out the window switches, who sees something about them? Fricken Chinese junk they can't make anything right! ugh.... $25 wasted in switch & connectors :(

29m2g4i.jpg

And this is the indicator for the high beams. The other side will have them for the low beams (just to fill those 2 holes, wouldn't know what to do with them otherwise)

20p3kpg.jpg

Lookin good!

Maybe switch the fuel presure guage and the volt guage so that both fuel guages are together?

Too many empties in your beer bottle collection.

I had it that way at first but ended up putting all the mechanical full sweep gauges together

Power steering is now completely plumbed, here's my solution for a power steering cooler:
548198c8f73948.jpg

1 headlamp bucket is done also. All it needs is some some flat black powdercoating but I will paint them flat black first, maybe I need to weld some brackets on them for the lexan covers (I'm doing those later)

548198c8ba1f98.jpg

548198c89b3099.jpg

Some more progress,

Completed the steering column rebuild (still need to swap steering wheels though, that blue one is not going to stay)
5482204515ca78.jpg

Used a lokar handbrake surround for the shifter. They indicator boot is very large, too large to fit cleanly on the shifter plate. A standalone indicator will be added once it comes in.
5482203e5a814a.jpg

548220450bbdc9.jpg

Brake fluid switch for C5 master. This will work with one of the telltale lights in the center console.
548220452c3352.jpg

Chevrolet script on airbox.
548220453b49bd.jpg

A small update. The C5 master install is done, just need to hook up the fluid level switch with the proper metripack connector. I used custom flex lines from the master to the distribution block.
548387c75a5fef.jpg

Quickly rinsed off to get rid of all the dust :) looking pretty
548387c7e705c9.jpg

Decided to do the lower valance with bedliner, this will keep it from scratching up and looking ugly.
548399c97d654c.jpg

I decided to not use the carbon mirrors. They won't fit properly with the mounting plates, that would call for custom mounting bases. I ordered some Vitaloni Californian mirrors, same as on old Ferraris. They are satin black so that would match with the rocker panels for a clean and simple look. I refuse to put those ugly big chrome mirrors on there.

Mounted the mirrors today, these are Vitaloni Californian mirrors. The carbon ones would need a custom baseplate to be mounted properly. That much hacking makes them more suited for TTs car :D

These are a bolt on deal, using the original rubber "rivet" things that pull tight. The door was not drilled for mirrors (original holes were glassed over) so some new holes and presto

54841a8ff9dc5a.jpg

54841a9025e4cf.jpg

54841a9042e8cb.jpg

54841a9071c663.jpg

54841aa9f4c123.jpg

I like the matte look. Goes well with the rocker panels. I'm going to paint the windshield trim matte black also (they are now scotch bright course scuffed) and I'm going to do ghetto tint on the rear window. Don't like it that you can look through the car. Gotz to be able to pimp in style without some bunghole staring me in the neck :D

Last edited:
Damn does that thing look nice. You're my inspiration for my project v-twin:bounce:

The mirrors don't look THAT much different than the stockers... why did you not use the stock mirrors - were they missing from the car ??

Here's a junkyard about 1 mile from my house, they have a mid 80's ghetto Caddy with two C3 mirrors on it.... I'm pretty sure the junker doesn't know what he has there.... I wonder if I should ask how much he wants for these mirrors.... for $30 I'd take the pair....

EDIT:
your '77 had chrome mirrors right ??? These mirrors at the junker are the 78-82 style....

The car had chome mirrors

The c3 sport mirrors were used on more than ony the corvette, a whole lot of cars came with them, amongst others firebirds but I think the bases are a tad different

Having a '70, I'm partial to chrome:D I do like those mirrors. The black matte makes for a nice scheme with your paint...

I'm now picturing black matte wheels with that ride. I know most people think they belong on ricers, but it just might go with the rockers and mirrors. What color are the calipers? Black wheels and calipers painted to match your body color.....OK, I know that I'm really pimpin now:tomato:

The calipers are gold :) Black wheels,...maybe black centers? Gold centers are nice also :D

Gold wheels :) :

54842f5c027560.jpg

I did the ghetto tint on the rear window, did some lexan forming for the headlamps and started on my custom heater box with integrated recessed ign. box mount, still needs a ton of work though.

54842f44ad39a4.jpg

54842f44e4d5b8.jpg

54842f4504878d.jpg

54842f451cec17.jpg

54842f45312c29.jpg

54842f454e24b1.jpg

54842f45729213.jpg

Complete with wrinkle finish, just like the firewall and the wiper cover

5484421fa24801.jpg

Dyed the dash pad black to keep the sun from glaring in it and it reflecting on the windshield (and black looks better anyway)

5484421f72e400.jpg

Custom heater w/ vac controls.

5484421f1b6f29.jpg

Modified festo plastic line adapters, now work with braided vac. hose

5484421f40e9e9.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry if I offended, you see, I'm of the "old school" train of thought where the rims shouldn't be any bigger than 16". The only "pro-touring" cars I've seen were old cars with tricked out suspensions and ungodly large wheels that kinda make the car look like a ricer or a one of those "donks". The car in this thread was very tastefully done. It seems as if every upgrade or modification has an intended purpose other than looking cool. It just seems rare to see a car like that and I intended that as a good thing.:thumbs:

iagree.gif Wheels bigger than 16" are gay. :lol: What size are those wheels?

The wheels are nice but in some of the photos you can see that they don't nearly fill the huge flares. That's the bad thing about a wide car, you need a lot of rubber and the correct offset/backspacing to make it look right.... that said, the 17x11 rims with 315-35-17 on my Z28 are barely wide enough for the car ... the same rim/tire combo on V-twin's car would look slim like a pizza cutter :smash::smash: