i want to buy a S197 but dread talking to car salesmen

turtlevette

The Turdle
You guys aren't going to believe this but i hate haggling with car salesmen. I piss them off or they piss me off. I drove on the lot today to take a quick look, then jumped in the vette and hit the gas when i saw the salesman heading for me.

this is gonna suck.

We are going to need some video of this Turtle vette ,i find it hard to believe that you can piss off a salesman or vice versa.

OK here is my stupid question,what is an S197?

Man i need to get out of the fields and timber more often i guess,because i never knew they called a 05 or newer mustang an S197

Man i need to get out of the fields and timber more often i guess,because i never knew they called a 05 or newer mustang an S197

Don't feel bad. Either did I. Just Googled it.

i was ashamed to say mustang on a vette forum.

The only time a car purchase went well for me is back in 86 when i went out to get a pair of shoes and came home with a new Grand National. Left my new thunderbird sitting in their parking lot. Had to grab a friend and go back and get it.

It went well because i paid sticker price and didn't bitch about it.

Make sure you do a thorough test drive. I test drove an 06' V6 auto and man it was slow, even for a daily driver. Luckily a nice new 07' V8 manual had just come in, and I test drove it. Wow, what a difference.

Also, it seamed to me that they improved the seating position in 07'.

I went back the next day and bought the V8. Had it now for over 2 yrs and its only been in the shop once (due to a faulty alternator). Now that its out of warranty its going to get some mods :bounce:.

Make sure you do a thorough test drive. I test drove an 06' V6 auto and man it was slow, even for a daily driver. Luckily a nice new 07' V8 manual had just come in, and I test drove it. Wow, what a difference.

Also, it seamed to me that they improved the seating position in 07'.

I went back the next day and bought the V8. Had it now for over 2 yrs and its only been in the shop once (due to a faulty alternator). Now that its out of warranty its going to get some mods :bounce:.

A manual is out because the wife doesn't want manual. They get such a damn premium for a V8, its like a 6 grand adder so i don't know about that either.

How much did you talk them down?

You want me to come talk them down for you, I am pretty darn good at it,the down side is they never want me back on the lot again :skeptic:

If I lived in the US I wouldn't want to be seen dead in one of those stangs. They are just literally everywhere. I was shocked by the number of them i saw, and then I'm not even counting all of them in the for sale lots.

If I lived in the US I wouldn't want to be seen dead in one of those stangs. They are just literally everywhere. I was shocked by the number of them i saw, and then I'm not even counting all of them in the for sale lots.

What would you get on the same budget that is fairly new, has enough room for the wife's shit and convertible? At least the stang is retro. Most everything else you really blend in to the masses. That includes C4 and c5 vettes which would be unacceptable because of the reliability and lack of room.

I already have something that stands out. lol.

I'm not sure if it's the same budget but I was liking those chargers and challengers a lot. The challengers were really nice, but a charger daytona...I could drive that, no prob.

i was ashamed to say mustang on a vette forum.

"Hi, my name is Turtlevette and I have all kinds of problems...."

(All together now), "HI, TURTLE!"

;)

There fixed :bump:

Didn't your mommas tell you not to frig with someone who is mental?

Those new challengers/chargers even the new camaro are going to be real expensive at first. And i don't think i like the styling as much anyway. It has to be a vert. We're sold on the open air and stars for summer drive in movies.

ok car buying experts.

I went by the used car dealership to look at a car. I asked the salesman what their out the door fees would be. He wouldn't tell me because i told him i was not going to buy today.

ok car buying experts.

I went by the used car dealership to look at a car. I asked the salesman what their out the door fees would be. He wouldn't tell me because i told him i was not going to buy today.

They all do that now,they don't want to waste their time on tire kickers,plus they want to try and pressure you into buying. Next time tell them YES i will buy today if we can agree on a price,and then when you are tired of messing with them,walk.

Couple more things,do not tell them your price,and do not tell them you have a trade if you plan on trading a car.