Besides the Vette - what else you wrenchin' on?

chevy69

I'll start,

I have a 1938 Dodge Brothers biz coupe I'm working on besides the '69 vette. It's a street rod project I have been working on for ~ 6 years. It's all steel, and has many of the typical street rod features - however - being a Dodge - there is much less out there wrt kits and the like to work with.

Mods:
Mustang II front suspension w/ Flaming River manual rack
GM tilt column (donor '73 Buick Apollo)
Stainless/leather Banjo steering wheel
remote (under floor) brake booster
9" Ford rear end (donor was '72 big block mustang)
Aluminum radiator (custom built)
350 HO deluxe motor (GM perf products)
Sanderson headers
Smithy's mufflers
4L60 4 spd auto (GM perf products)
Painless wiring kit (not installed)
Coker Classic tires on Wheel Vintique steelies
suede paint
all steel body - shaved handles, etc..., bear claw latches, smoothy running boards, entire inside coated with homade "lizard skin" (ask me if you are interested).

DSC03064.jpg

38dodgeengine003.jpg

38dodgeprimed1.jpg

38dodgeprimed7-1.jpg

Just these :D

248af37d220dd4.jpg

248af37d373dfc.jpg

248af383239a95.jpg

248af38338f1b1.jpg

248af3834dfad6.jpg

248af3836918f8.jpg

248af390999a4a.jpg

248af3908e7a49.jpg

248af3907ccc91.jpg

248af3906450bf.jpg

248af3904dddcd.jpg

248af3903ad0b8.jpg

248af6993a8106.jpg

248af69f4cd0bf.jpg

248af6a25580ad.jpg

...and this sad piece...haven't worked on it for exactly a year :(

248af6a4c1640a.jpg

1968 Volkswagen karmann Ghia custom convertible:

the day the tow truck delivered it :

00th_001a100_2691Small.jpg
a few days later:
5c32fcae.jpg
stripping the seat.... yes, this is NOT a joke, it really is horsehair :D

100_3133.jpg
engine: 1.5L, 50HP, top speed (advertized) 72mph, engine compartment is already painted with the new color:
100_3350zz.jpg
last weekend:
IMG_0484Small.jpg

Last edited:
TT has been outed as a balla.....definately, them thing aint cheep over on the left side of the pond....not looking like THAT, anyway....

or do you own them ALL???

and yes, I truly love them all....I have never been particularly company 'centric' all my life, but by happenstance limited to GM and Mopar.....with a forray into Mutso and Datsun.....

:harhar:

Yeah it's going to be a lot of work

I've been doing pretty good, just started hockey back up again awhile ago

I have a 38 Buick and an 84 Winnebago in for work. Does that count? I'll post pictures tomarrow. (Ever seen Dougs headers on a Winnie?):crap:

I have a 83 CJ7 that has been on the back burner for some time and a lawn mower that I race. I get stuck working on the mower the most to make my races. The things just aren't suppose to go that fast.
Picture1005.jpgPicture1003.jpgPicture1002.jpg
Picture035.jpg

Lawnmower racing....man does that bring back mamories.....My father had a rider mower, a light blue thing called a Panzer, like the WW2 tank, and it was a auto diffy with a chain/belt drive setup off the engine, to go forward in various gears you changed the pulley ratio on two stacked pulleys had to stop the engine to do it, then the driven pulley swung out to the side with the lever, causing the V belt to act like a clutch.....

SO, the trick was to wind up the ~6 hp Briggs engine, first thing I did was play with the governor for more RPM, still do it on my lawn mowers, get it done in a hurry....well anyway, with the higher speed, just hang on and slam that puppy into gear on the driveway, and pull a wheelie....damn nearly killed my dumb ass once...learned a few things about 'control' from that....

the successor tractor was a yellow IH, with that hydrostatic drive, and so it ran much smoother, it's the one my kids learned to drive on.....

I learned to drive on a WW2 Army Generals' Jeep, had the star on the hood....some other markings too, I forget.....it was used for pulling farm crap on what today is million +++ dollar homes.....had anyone known....

:suicide:

I learned to drive on a WW2 Army Generals' Jeep, had the star on the hood....some other markings too, I forget.....it was used for pulling farm crap on what today is million +++ dollar homes.....had anyone known....

:suicide:

This one was bought in Florida near you.
348b00b2e5a18a.jpg

SWEET, but somehow I doubt that's Patton's Jeep.....My uncle from Cleveland was a civil engineer, worked for Ohio Bell, part of ATT in the daze, he followed Patton through Europe and was caught up in Battle of the Bulge, being a civil engineer he helped rebuild much of destroyed Europe after the destruction was done...he too got in a Jeep? m/v accident and got a heart condition over it, and was on Nitro Glycerin ever since....I remember him checking his ticker and taking the tabs when I was a little kid....I have his old Army occifers jacket he was a Major....I remember asking why he kept it, he said 'I never know, I may have to suit up again'......he got outta the field work for MaBell and went into personnel at the head office in Cleveland....mucho better on the ticker....I suppose....

:crutches:

My wife's 2003 Ford Explorer, my 2004 Chevy Silverado pickup, a 1997 Harley Softail Springer, my Craftsman lawn mower, and my Echo weedwhacker. I think that covers everything that runs on gas :bounce:

My wife's 2003 Ford Explorer, my 2004 Chevy Silverado pickup, a 1997 Harley Softail Springer, my Craftsman lawn mower, and my Echo weedwhacker. I think that covers everything that runs on gas :bounce:

:shocking:Cept YOU, Fritos and beer, or Mexican and beer, or Italian and beer, or steak and ale, or see food and beer....:shocking::shocking::gurney::beer: