WTF? Squirrel's Ate My Wiring!

:D:D:ghost:

Not even a couple weeks ago, I found what I thought of as a rat nest under the motor home engine hatch cover, van 30 chassis.....they ate some insulation off a couple of wires.....guess I need pull the hood and shine a light in there before starting it....damnit....

and we have about 5 cats outside, the wife insists on feeding the strays in the burb.....:crutches::flash:

Well we have a tomcat running around here. He only goes after mice if he is hungry. One time I saw him playing with a mouse he caught to subsequently letting it run away when he got bored with it. I didn't feed hem for 2 days and then locked him up in my shop. No mice after that anymore.

PETA is going to nominate you for human of the year :rofl:

(PETA = people eating tasty animals)

lol, I think he got the message. He never let a mouse slip away either.

Here in Florida, our cats chase them mini dinosaurs that run around, little lizards, the cats break the tails off, and sometimes we find a tail on the back atrium tile floor, and the body is no where to be found....mostly we find dried up bodies, one time a large SNAKE got into the atrium through a old wiring hole in the siding....needless to say THAT is sealed up tight now.....wife about went zerk ziod.....something about chicks and snakes......:clap::yahoo::goodnight:

Not sure if this solution works for you. If you live in the outskirts...maybe.

Graphic Content

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK7Tc7X5Ueo[/ame]

Last edited:
:D:D:ghost:

Not even a couple weeks ago, I found what I thought of as a rat nest under the motor home engine hatch cover, van 30 chassis.....they ate some insulation off a couple of wires.....guess I need pull the hood and shine a light in there before starting it....damnit....

and we have about 5 cats outside, the wife insists on feeding the strays in the burb.....:crutches::flash:

Well we have a tomcat running around here. He only goes after mice if he is hungry. One time I saw him playing with a mouse he caught to subsequently letting it run away when he got bored with it. I didn't feed hem for 2 days and then locked him up in my shop. No mice after that anymore.

Here in Florida, our cats chase them mini dinosaurs that run around, little lizards, the cats break the tails off, and sometimes we find a tail on the back atrium tile floor, and the body is no where to be found....mostly we find dried up bodies, one time a large SNAKE got into the atrium through a old wiring hole in the siding....needless to say THAT is sealed up tight now.....wife about went zerk ziod.....something about chicks and snakes......:clap::yahoo::goodnight:

around here, cats are lower on the food chain than owls, eagles and coyotes... or, put another way, they get worn out in a hurry.

around here, cats are lower on the food chain than owls, eagles and coyotes... or, put another way, they get worn out in a hurry.

We have a swamp (bird sanctuary) at the bottom of the hill about a block from my house, which is on a hillside for a REASON, it had flooded out the folks on the bottom of the some 3X in the 15 years I been here.....and so that swamp has many large birds of prey which gang up and fly over the burb looking for a meal, some of the guys pick up their small dogs, but we have not noticed any missing cats, they roam free all over the joint....but them birds are very large , and I"m jealous of their flight capability.....:eek:

Eaten wires reminds me of why no one likes parking near dumpsters in NYC.
The rats there seem to love eating serpentine and v belts.

I wonder if an under cover or something like a skid plate would help keep the squirrels from invading your tahoe?

Sent from my dumb 4g motorolly