WTF Part II

Gee Marck, this is getting better and better huh?

Sooo this matching number garbage IS worth something huh?
I guess it could be called.

a "original VIN plate" from a 67 convertible Corvette for sale.

In the 1970's I bought a couple Corvettes that burned to the ground from the Insurance Salvage Pool. As with this one, the only thing salvagable was the frame (if not bent). Virtually every other part was toast. When Corvette fiberglass mat burns it expands like the stuff we in insulate our wall & ceilings with. It friable & very fine particles break apart in the air. You need a mask & tyvek type jump suit to strip the frame of the remnants. After 2 I'd never bother with another - but back they there were no ready supply of frames. I would not trust a piece of the steering or suspension after this heat treatment.

This ebay auction with tags is for one obvious reason only - to allow someone else to register a stolen Corvette with these tags. Mark that VIN plate # down - it will be up for sale on another Corvette in no time flat. Bank on it.

ebay just facilitates FORNICATING THIEVES time & time again !

ERRATA: the sellers does not give the VIN - I'll donate $100 to anyone who is in Tennessee & get a jpeg of the VIN & Trim Tag. This seller is plain FOS. Perhaps someone can contact ebay & complain that the ad say it has tags but they are not shown in the auction. I don't patronize that chit hole.

Last edited:
Geoff, especially being Corvettes, and much less any other performance car, like Mustang, GTO, 442, GN, whatever, you or any of us think for a microsecond much of ANY of these cars are seriously legit?? sorry, I don't think so....being around cars long as you have, seen too much, and so the values of these 'barn find' corvettes will plummet like the old Ford V8 club 30's steel body card did....

UNLESS it's a hotrod, updated with something creative....

I see ads for clear titles with no cars attached to them all the time on craigslist. yes it is fraud. What is sad is that ebay & craigslist play along and let it go unchecked.

I see ads for clear titles with no cars attached to them all the time on craigslist. yes it is fraud. What is sad is that ebay & craigslist play along and let it go unchecked.

WHAT PART OF VIN TAG AND CLEAN TITLE FROM A TITLE STATE DON"T ANYONE RECOGNIZE??????

to the resto freeks, THAT's all that counts, the rest is dooooo able.....

easy, really, easier than getting creative and using something like a BRAIN, anyone can bolt and unbolt parts and hit a China import item for a NCRS Gold award....that will be worthless in about another ten years...or less....

:hunter::bounce::amazed::club: