Which pushrods will I need?

Get an adjustable pushrod and check what length has the best geometry/stem wipe.

Get an adjustable pushrod and check what length has the best geometry/stem wipe.
Sure, I know ..... but the kit already contains pushrods and I do want to know where to start. I'll try to save me self from buying an extra set of pushrods if possible.:)
Arne

I know what you're saying about saving a few bucks but you might want to consider that pushrod length is part of the whole valve train geometry. Your lifters, heads and rocker arms will all effect what pushrod length you need. The best way to determine pushrod length is to measure for them. (you can check what you've got this way too!!) Put some blue dye or use a sharpie and color the end of the valve. Put the lifter, pushrod and rocker in place and rotate the cam to move the valve. The rocker arm will rub the marker off the valve stem. This is where an adjustable pushrod comes in, you may have to adjust the length to get the wear pattern where you want it to be. When it rubs in the middle you have the correct length for the pushrod. Measure the pushrod and order accordingly. A pain in the rear true, but this way you'll get the most out of what you've already spent money on!

Sure, I know ..... but the kit already contains pushrods and I do want to know where to start. I'll try to save me self from buying an extra set of pushrods if possible.:)
Arne

You should measure this regardless of which pushrods you order. Ask the seller for his best guess.

You should measure this regardless of which pushrods you order. Ask the seller for his best guess.
Agree, I always check the lifter geometry:). .... I asked the seller prior to this posting, but he did not give me a satisfactory reply. I have not bought the roller kit yet and I am not sure if it is worth the effort. My block is Gen.I and this is a retrofit job.

Arne

You're definitely going to have to measure since you're installing a HR retro-fit kit. As I recall it, there's a big difference in the height of the lifters. I can't recall the length of the pushrods I used when I installed a retro-fit kit, but 7.300 doesn't ring a bell.

Jake

West Point ROCKS! Nation's TOP COLLEGE per Forbes Magazine!! Graduation Day Parade 20 May 2010!!!