Victor jr. intake

arneoe

The #2975 Victor jr. looks very sweet and it will probably fit under my 78 hood. Anyone been using this nice thing on a medium tuned 383 (400-450HP)? I'll be using a Holley 0-80770 on top with a drop base combo with a 3" filter element.

A practical question: How do I solve the missing vacuum connection for the lights?

Arne

The #2975 Victor jr. looks very sweet and it will probably fit under my 78 hood. Anyone been using this nice thing on a medium tuned 383 (400-450HP)? I'll be using a Holley 0-80770 on top with a drop base combo with a 3" filter element.

A practical question: How do I solve the missing vacuum connection for the lights?

Arne

Drill and tap the manifold for a vacuum port.

Arne

I have used that one in the past. It a great manifold when used with tuned engines. However, they do not perform well under 3000 rpm and are prone to spitting back when large cams with lots of valve overlap are used (at low rpms).

The cam is COMP CAMS XR282HR (12-432-8) and CR is 10.3:1

Arne

Last edited:
Te Victor Jr is a great manifold...... but with the power levels you mentioned, I should go with a Edelbrock Performer RPM Air-Gap....... the best dual-plane in the world!

Good to well over 450Hp and an amazing throttle response.

Don't be afraid of what say Edelbrock, in my previous engine, with a drop base air-filter, no room issue with 79 stock hood with my 850 CFM Demon.

just my 2 cents....

I run one, fits under a stock hood with a drop base. I have a whole air filter assembly I can sell you with the top plate. Had to go cone filter for the blower.

Vacuum... um, just T off a manifold port from the carb.

The smileys on this forum are so queer, there's never an applicable one to use.