This won't buff out

Bullshark

Just returned from my our yearly trek to the Corvette Museum. Saw the sink hole and everything, but this made a crushing impression...:smash:

17538135a437fe8.jpg

17538135a47e4d4.jpg

Do they have the sinkhole cars on display?

I believe so, the worst anyway are still there, I dunno about the blue one that still ran after being #1 recovery.....

Saw some pix from the gathering this year Thevettebarn.com has been doing the last 4? years of the cruise in's on Memorial day.....

:twitch:

I wonder why they have not started to fill in the hole?

Scuttlebutt is that the museum paid attendance is WAY UP because of the publicity......some are thinking of leaving the hole open maybe glass it over and put in a bridge......but I don't think any decisions have been made yet, at least from what I read.....:surrender:

tragedy sells. I'm part of the search and rescue organization that responded to the Oso slide... yep, I was there a lot.... and donations are way up because of it. It's bitter-sweet, before the slide we were facing the real possibility that we'd have to mothball our rescue helicopters - now, we'll be okay.

But as I said, it's a bitter-sweet thing.

i used to say a Corvette is an empty hole into which you dump money, now the corvette museum has a hole being filled with money.

I don't know fluke about concrete building, but someone here maybe can answer a question that's been bugging me for a while.
Shouldn't the slab have been thicker for such a big building?
Especially when the ground is just soil.
I would have expected 2x2foot concrete beam crossing the area and some rebar.

NOT an expert in concrete slab construction, BUT any steel not in the slab will rust out over time....and even what is IN the slab will give over time.....

I dunno there was much of any construction that could have avoided that cat-ass-trophy.....

shit happens....