Thinking about selling some silver coins

mike76c3

The last time I did this was the early 80's when they were going for 8X face value. Does anyone know the going rate for:

1) silver coins
2) clad half-dollars
3) uncirculated silver dollars 1987

I'm not looking for "graded" values, as I don't think anything I have would even make "Good", or be rare enough to care.

Also, I don't absolutely need to do this right now, so if there's any reason to wait a month or three, let me know about that as well.

And lastly, if you know anyplace local to So. Cal. that you'd recommend . . .

Thanks,
Mike

I heard the price of silver just tanked for some reason a couple of weeks ago. The coind may be worth more as collector items. Look on Ebay for going prices.

The last time I did this was the early 80's when they were going for 8X face value. Does anyone know the going rate for:

1) silver coins
2) clad half-dollars
3) uncirculated silver dollars 1987

I'm not looking for "graded" values, as I don't think anything I have would even make "Good", or be rare enough to care.

Also, I don't absolutely need to do this right now, so if there's any reason to wait a month or three, let me know about that as well.

And lastly, if you know anyplace local to So. Cal. that you'd recommend . . .

Thanks,
Mike

hehehe....Mike, I did the same thing, financed my honeymoon with the ex by selling some old silver I had since forever, laying around....about 30 bux face, and got 650 bux.....~1980 or so, like January....maybe late '79....

height of the Hunt silver bubble....too bad for them, they were battling the lack of demand from the phone company and the advent of chips and Solid State switching, even for power....in consumer electronics....

even I saw THAT one coming....about the only good move I did....

:hissyfit:

I heard the price of silver just tanked for some reason a couple of weeks ago. The coind may be worth more as collector items. Look on Ebay for going prices.

Silver skyrocketed early this year to almost 49 per oz. It dropped and is now about 38 and on an up curve. Ebay will give you a good idea of the going price. I do some trading in Morgans.

My buddy has $150,000 in silver coins. I told him to sell at $55, and it tanked the next day. Some dude in Mexico sold off a bunch, and the price dropped.
When it tanked, he just bought more, and will wait again.:drink: