test

Showing off a new acquisition?

actually an old one thats long gone. I just needed a place to test moving a pic. as I remember it was Doug Rippies first race car, a 68 body on a 63 frame, Rippie sold it to Steve Kline from Jay Kline Chevrolet in MN who thought he could go through turn 1 at Brainerd flat out, Kline put it so far off in a corn field they had a hard time finding the car, Kline had a GM line mechanic as his crew and when they towed the car in Kline said it had to be ready for the next session, the mechanic saw the car and walked away...so the story goes. I bought it from someone who used to do work for Steve Kline and only because it had a pre 1973 SCCA log book. bought and sold as-is, it went to TX and sat for years, I heard someone bought it and is restoring it.

i guess Steve Cline was no Jerry Hansen. having lived in the twin cities as a kid i remember J Kline chevrolet . they had a few 427 biscayne coupes around that were really cool. btw, Jerry is my cousin.
interesting about the 63 frame, many times i have thought about finding a good c2 body and putting it on my 79 frame.

i guess Steve Cline was no Jerry Hansen. having lived in the twin cities as a kid i remember J Kline chevrolet . they had a few 427 biscayne coupes around that were really cool. btw, Jerry is my cousin.
interesting about the 63 frame, many times i have thought about finding a good c2 body and putting it on my 79 frame.

I bought an Oftedahl/Penske IROC Camaro from Jerry in 1981, fast car but what a turd, look above it is the car and me on fire in my avatar...he tried to suck me in on the Brainerd deal and then on gold by the inch luckily (for me) he failed. hows he doing these days?

i believe he is up in Maryland now, my Mother and Aunt know more than i do. its been a while since i have spoken to him . i should try to catch up with him one day.

i believe he is up in Maryland now, my Mother and Aunt know more than i do. its been a while since i have spoken to him . i should try to catch up with him one day.

will you please ask your Mom and/or Aunt what shaving cream commercial his wife did? the one with the Swedish accent. he was one hell of a driver and quite a character.

it was a strange company like vadie macum or something like that but i will check.i think that was his first wife. you know Courtney Hansen is his daughter , she does the power block on spike T.V and several other things. i will talk with Mom in the morning.

Mom said she thinks her name was ingerruud, and advertised for vademechum toothpaste. she divorced Jerry because she didn't want to be Married to a Racer, but turned around and married another Racer.my Mom and Aunt always said she was very "Cute" but they say she wasn't as pretty as Jerrys Mom when she was Younger. Moms 89 and does remember things pretty well. She Remembers Jerry and His Brother David very fondly. but doesn't stay in real close contact.