T56 install in a '78

Oh, and I'm supposed to finish this and somehow move to colorado in the next two months. sweet.

Where in CO? Just spent some time in Denver, pretty cold but a nice place.....

You did not know about the TRW lift kit spring ?

I'll be working in Denver and living in Bailey. I just can't wait to get the move over with.. it's such a pain in the ass and the moving company looked in my shop and laughed at me so that means I get to move all the fun stuff.

And no.. didn't know about that spring. That's what I get for looking on corvette forum. I can't remember what the guy's name was at Vansteel.. I think it was the older man, maybe the one who started that company.. and he said he has been fighting with them for a long time to fix it.

Ha! My brother lives in Bailey and we're going in the next year! Be glad your moving to Park County vs Jefferson County. The property taxes alone are half in Park Co.

Not only that, I won't be subject to the metro area emissions testing. That's really the reason why I chose Park county.. Oh.. and home prices were actually in the affordable range vs in the stratosphere.

Yep, me too...I don't think Jeffco will even allow me to drive through that nut house, I'll have to go through in the middle of the night with my car when we move!!:drink:

Yep, me too...I don't think Jeffco will even allow me to drive through that nut house, I'll have to go through in the middle of the night with my car when we move!!:drink:

I got screamed at by an old man in Evergreen when I lived up there a few years ago.. I had a harley at the time and it was super quiet! and he melted down cause it was loud and i was in his way. I kindly explained that he was old and going to die soon.. so he should try not to get so angry. Those people are idiots.

Bailey? That is a great place to live, it's SW of Golden and still not too far from the city (Denver) .... Been to Golden a few times, awesome little town :thumbs:

Golden is pretty nice. I would have liked to have been a little Northwest of Golden, towards Golden Canyon, but it is pricing into the stratosphere up there. And it's in Jeffco.. which is no bueno. It really worked out in the end, anyway. I'll build a new shop this year and fix the things I screwed up in the one I built in Texas... like having only one roll up door! That means you are constantly playing the parking shuffle to get things in and out of there. And this time, I will frame in the walls so it's sealed up and things stay clean in there.

I grew up in Conifer, and went to Evergreen HS, the place isn't even close to the cool small mountain town it was, it's sad really. After getting out of the Navy, I went back and worked at Rocky Flats that was between Golden and Boulder, right along the foothills. Beautiful, if you didn't look too close at the Flats! I've been in Florida long enough, yep, I'm headed home as soon as I can, Bailey makes the most sense for me, I found a nice 10 acre lot, and I'm in the process of working with a log home builder...just need to find the patience for a little longer... :cool:

I grew up in Conifer, and went to Evergreen HS, the place isn't even close to the cool small mountain town it was, it's sad really. After getting out of the Navy, I went back and worked at Rocky Flats that was between Golden and Boulder, right along the foothills. Beautiful, if you didn't look too close at the Flats! I've been in Florida long enough, yep, I'm headed home as soon as I can, Bailey makes the most sense for me, I found a nice 10 acre lot, and I'm in the process of working with a log home builder...just need to find the patience for a little longer... :cool:

So that move is still on eh?? not mentioned recently.....oh well, hope the weather is good for the vette show next weekend.....

That's awesome.. Jeffco County Sheriff will have at least two vette idiots with loud cars to hassle! hahah