stage III , where will it end?

7t9l82

in the while im in there frame of mind. i needed to change the pan gasket so instead of just stopping there and calling it good, i ordered a Milodon 7 qt low profile pan with pickup, then i figured id order a Melling select pump and finally the gasket. it counts up quick but I've always been pleased with Milodon and Melling products and view it as extra insurance.
i will also be adding a canister fuel filter and change the transmission lines to braided.it seems this while your in there stuff can get carried away. but i don't foresee the car going anywhere in the future so i look at this as protecting my investment. the more i do the more i enjoy driving it, do you guys get the same way? or should i seek help. I've been told there is no cure:lol:

Haha, I know that feeling.......

Now.... Not trying to scare you but my Milodon 7qt oil pan is the first oil pan I've ever owned that I cannot stop from leaking at the drain plug...... I suspect the hole and the threads are not perpendicular to the sealing surface where the copper washer goes..... Teflon tape and RTV have so far not stopped the leak.... It improved to where it's now only a drop every two days but I am afraid I might not get the damn plug out at the next oil change..... I am considering drilling/tapping it for NPT ..... :smash:

try taking a real big flat b@t@rd file and cleaning off the surface where the bolt seats sometimes there is just a small gap keeping it from sealing

yes, the aftermarket pans are a pain. I installed on only to find it was a race pan and NO dipstick!! sheesh.

mine seals just fine , tight as a drum. sometimes there can be slight distortions and as said hit it with a file.i used Milodon products when i used to race and they always made good stuff and apparently still do.

well heres a helpful tip, when you change the oil pan you might want to check the balancer seal, don't ask how i know this but it was a rookie oversight on my part.
on another note an extra 2 quarts of oil is a comfort in many ways. but be prepared for the auto zone clown show when you say 7 quarts. what kind of car? well our computer says...... the fact is i don't give a frogs fat rear end what your stinking machine says, it takes 7!!!!!:smash: