squeaky squeaky...no more

bobs77vet

well after procrastinating on lubricating my squeaky front end for the past several years this past sunday while i was grilling i took a moment and i shot silicone lubricating spray on all bushings on control arms and the front sway bar bushings.....took all of 10 minutes ok maybe 8 mins.....now my squeakiness when going over speed bumps has gone....so what was making the noise? now i wish i had sprayed one thing at a time. they are poly bushings. the front sway bar bushings had the the best opportunity to get the lubricant dead on, all the other spots was kind of aim and shoot and i think those big washers would make it hard for everything to get where it needs to go. could the silicone lubricant have found its way into the control arm bushings? i did spray each bushing from both sides.

I did the same thing years ago to my Poly front end bushings....and cured the problem for years.....some time ago the U/I bushings went bad so went with rubber....not so sure that poly is the way to go these daze....

I've still never seen a proper Energy Suspension bushing fall apart or start squeaking mercilessly.

:lol: BUTTTTTT my vette has been a DD for since '95, and so had all the worn out shit redone in poly at that time....maybe 5? years ago I redid the UI joints with rubber, the lowers are a tad loose now, but tire wear is great....

:cool:

I've still never seen a proper Energy Suspension bushing fall apart or start squeaking mercilessly.

:lol: BUTTTTTT my vette has been a DD for since '95, and so had all the worn out shit redone in poly at that time....maybe 5? years ago I redid the UI joints with rubber, the lowers are a tad loose now, but tire wear is great....

Were they ES or another brand?

My 77's rubber bushings were already crumbling in 1991, with less than 85,000 on the clock. I think your poly bushings outlasted the factory parts. ;)

mine are the ES bushings....i am wondering if it is the sway bar bushings on either the frame or at the end of the sway bar. i just dont see how the spray silicone could have made its way into the upper and lower control arm bushings...especially with the poor access i have to spray at them.

Last edited:
I had a 84 ws-6 trans am a long time ago and that car always squeeked. Always was having it put on a hoist and having the sway bar end links and center links sprayed front and rear. They used just wd-40 and it quieted the car down immediately. I don't ever remember them spraying the control arm bushings but they might have.

Were they ES or another brand?

My 77's rubber bushings were already crumbling in 1991, with less than 85,000 on the clock. I think your poly bushings outlasted the factory parts. ;)

17 years ago, I can't recall.....ya think?? :harhar::stirpot:

I put all ES bushings in Ol' Red. I drilled the shells and thru the bushings, installed zerks, then cut spiral grooves in the ID. Packed them as full as I could when I installed them, but if one ever even hints at squeaking, I'll pump them all full again.

:evil:

I put all ES bushings in Ol' Red. I drilled the shells and thru the bushings, installed zerks, then cut spiral grooves in the ID. Packed them as full as I could when I installed them, but if one ever even hints at squeaking, I'll pump them all full again.

i like it!!

i like it!!

Well if you know Tim, it's pump them till they squeek.....:1st::p