rotary switch identification

redvetracr

see the rotary on-off switch? I am looking for something similar for my latest project, anyone know what thats from? thanks in advance.
IMG_3907.jpg

Looks industrial to me

Nice cv shifter ball

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Looks like a selector switch

A22S-3M-11.JPG

Looks identical to the cv products one I have.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

That's an allen Bradley 800 series, one of the most common industrial switches out there. Do you have open contacts or sealed contacts on the back.

How many do ya need?

Not my first choice for a racer BTW.....:amused:

That's an allen Bradley 800 series, one of the most common industrial switches out there. Do you have open contacts or sealed contacts on the back.

How many do ya need?

Not my first choice for a racer BTW.....:amused:

I would say open contacts, this is not a battery on/off switch, it turns the power on to the ignition, fuel pumps and brake lights. what do you like better?

All I can say is that I've been using those AB switches since 1981. In their environment they are the best.
In a racing environment, I'm not so sure. I know the contacts bounce when you smack a control panel! How many thumps does a racer endure?
I've had thousands of them available over the last thirty years and never once have I been tempted to put one in my racer. Even for the remote start I chose a sealed PB even when the AB's were free.......:bonkers:

All I can say is that I've been using those AB switches since 1981. In their environment they are the best.
In a racing environment, I'm not so sure. I know the contacts bounce when you smack a control panel! How many thumps does a racer endure?
I've had thousands of them available over the last thirty years and never once have I been tempted to put one in my racer. Even for the remote start I chose a sealed PB even when the AB's were free.......:bonkers:

I don`t dispute your opinion, it was installed in 1995 and after 36 vintage races (and 1 bad crash) it always worked flawlessly.

I believe you, no doubt. But I wonder how many transient misfires have you had over the years and never noticed? I'm just saying there are better options available. I wish ALL of my competitors were using them:evil:

So, how many do you want/need?:drink: