road trip to Ca

kwplot34

Heart Attack
The wife and i are wanting to take a road trip to Ca later this year. I will be bringing the mistress with her new heart transplant,and will be looking forward to hitting those mountain roads.

So, Darrow, Bird,and the rest of the gang. We are looking at either August,or September. This gives us a lot of time to nail down a date,and for a good mountain road trip to be planned out.

Let me know.

Enjoy the gas prices here, just filled my car at 4.37 gallon, probably be a lot higher when you come.

Depending on your route, if you choose to go north, I'm about 30 miles out of the way, each way. And with interesting alternative routes to get you back to the main road.....
I got a small house but it has a comfortable fold out sofa bed. So I've been told.....& experienced myself....
You got a place to stay for a night on the road, or even just a contact.
If it's a nice warm summer night, burgers on the grill till late. If it's not a nice night---well, burgers or salad & whatever in the kitchen around the table....
Big Ace & the Kitties are always happy to have new friends around too.
(Under table scraps allowed)

August is better for me. Sept is the RV show, and another boat show (I think).:huh:

Thank you for the invite JPhil. we may have to change our route on the way back home.

Bird has his vote in for August.

Basic questions, since California is a bit on the long side, where in Calif. and for how long and why, what interests you?

A good drive would be to come in through San Diego on I 8, drive up the coast through "LA" to San Francisco "The City" on Hwy 1, then turn back east through Lake Tahoe. Or keep going north toward the northern border past the wine country and into the forests.

George

Darrow asked me to post this

August sounds like a good time. My wife has to attend a school in Santa Barbara. in august I will know the dates tomarrow.
is the plan to go over Mt Palomar the south????
I still can't post on vette mod with my lap top Keeps telling me (The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.)
jeff post this for will you.

Basic questions, since California is a bit on the long side, where in Calif. and for how long and why, what interests you?

A good drive would be to come in through San Diego on I 8, drive up the coast through "LA" to San Francisco "The City" on Hwy 1, then turn back east through Lake Tahoe. Or keep going north toward the northern border past the wine country and into the forests.

George

What interest me is, 1. seeing my good friends in the Orange county area.2 is driving the roads through the mountains, and i don't mean sight seeing type of driving.

A long drive up the coast from one end of the state to the other would be a good time,BUT, my car is a fuel pig,wont run on pump gas,and i have to rely on my friends to help haul fuel for me.

August sounds like a good time. My wife has to attend a school in Santa Barbara. in august I will know the dates tomarrow.
I still can't post on vette mod with my lap top Keeps telling me (The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 1 characters.)

Mt Palomar to the south. is that the run we made the first time i hauled my car out? if so, that was a good run. I would be up for that one again.:thumbs:

Mt Palomar to the south. is that the run we made the first time i hauled my car out? if so, that was a good run. I would be up for that one again.:thumbs:

Mt Palomar is where we learned I needed a tranny cooler.:)

Mt Palomar is where we learned I needed a tranny cooler.:)

Yes it was. i remember you coming around that corner looking like a freight train. that was a scary moment.

We are planning on leaving here Tuesday August 14th,so that will put us in Ca for an August 18th and 19th run through the mountains. That is a Saturday and Sunday.
Will that work for you guy's????

You Need To Get A Vette Trailer To Haul The Fuel. Next Trip May Be A Long One (great Drive.)

you guys hauling my fuel for me, is the price you must pay for the privilege of my company.

And besides that,my wife said you have to :pprrtt:

Sooo! Am i the only one going on this run? cant say i did not give enough time to pencil it in on your calender

We'll have a trip Kevin. It's just a ways off, and I am swamped at work at the moment.:nuts: