Quickest frame off ever!

If the body came off this easy, I don't think this was a very safe car. Don't know a whole lot about Jeeps...and the various models...but from the very few experiences of observing them, I'm not impressed.

A few years ago, at the Garden of the Gods outside of Colorado Springs, I took my wife to the park to look at all the natural stone formations. It was a winter day. The asphalt road way was wet, but the shoulders of the road were snow covered. I parked behind a Jeep...it had two wheels on the damp pavement and two wheels on the snow. Same for my rental car. When the woman driver of the Jeep wanted to leave, she couldn't get traction. The wheels in the snow would just spin...THIS is a Jeep with two wheels on good traction roadway..and it can't move!! She began violently rocking the Jeep back and forth, and eventually got all two front wheels on the pavement. Then she drove away. With my rental car, I just drove away..no problem that the left wheels were in the snow. I think the rental car had a limited slip differential and the Jeep didn't.

Also, how many Jeeps have been sold with leaf springs front and rear? This suspension really disadvantages off road travel. Leaf springs greatly limit solid axle articulation. A coil spring solid axle can articulate through a much greater angle than a leaf spring axle. An off road vehicle needs coil springs which the Range Rovers had back in the early 80's.

Last edited: