Power Steering Still Not right

68RAT

I installed a new (old system new parts) Power Steering system in the 68. After getting a 4 wheel alignment. It pulls slightly to the left. Also it is hard to turn right (as if no power steering there) and easy to the left most of the way but not all the way. Do I just need to balance the power steering valve again? I've done it a couple of times already. Do I just need to do it again? Or is there something else I need to look at?

Thanx

68RAT

I installed a new (old system new parts) Power Steering system in the 68. After getting a 4 wheel alignment. It pulls slightly to the left. Also it is hard to turn right (as if no power steering there) and easy to the left most of the way but not all the way. Do I just need to balance the power steering valve again? I've done it a couple of times already. Do I just need to do it again? Or is there something else I need to look at?

Thanx

68RAT
Your symptoms say the valve still needs adjusting. If it keeps changing on it's own, replace it.

:cussing::cussing: I spent many a $$$ on this unit. It is all new parts and a rebuilt pump. May have to look into warranty. (the store is only 1500 miles away in another country:mad:) :beer::beer:

68RAT

Thanx

68RAT
Your symptoms say the valve still needs adjusting. If it keeps changing on it's own, replace it.

:withstupid:Darrow just went threw this. His control valve was doo doo.

Thanx

68RAT

:withstupid:Darrow just went threw this. His control valve was doo doo.

What in HELL is going on these daze?? can't even get a friggin PART that's worth the effort to install, everything is such shit anymore, or a fair chance OF it....

:hissyfit::hissyfit:

That's why I went with a manual rack and pinion. I went through 4 control valves and they all leaked like a sieve.

Probably control valve related, but there may be other problems as well. Tires-try swaping them around, alignment-even if you just did it, it could be off, air in the system-go through the bleeding system again, etc.
I just replaced my control valve with a new unit made by LoneStar that I got from Tracdog. Works well and I saved a few dollars over the retail price.

I have the GrandAM rack on the shelf, ready to drop it in place..... this is somewhat making me reconsider manual steering..... :banghead: