Old member but a new introduction (Video)

gbak

I did a miserable intruduction of myself when this site started for about three years ago.
But now I have made a 4 min video of the car (and myself).
Hope you like my "reintroduction"!
Dont forget to turn on the subwoofer :)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPeSXs-UDIw[/ame]

I wish I had these video editing skills

once you get better (sticky) tires you'll have to worry about breaking parts, do you have safety loops and solid Ujoints ?

I wish I had these video editing skills

once you get better (sticky) tires you'll have to worry about breaking parts, do you have safety loops and solid Ujoints ?

I have no safety loops & joints are still stock I believe :huh:
Yea, I know I should upgrade.......

More sticky tires will probably damage something in the drivetrain, so I will keep my old Nitto from mid nineties. At least they give a nice smoke!

Nice video :thumbs:
The performance numbers you posted are they crank HP or rear wheel HP?
I'm looking at a similar build (383) and also intending to run a solid roller cam.

Did a dyno run last week (without any papers, it was a sound recording for a X-box racing game) and I will remember the guy running the dyno said approx 380 hp at the wheel.
Engine have been tuned by myself, and I guess it could be around 500 hp if the tuning was performed by a serious engine builder.

I can mail you my spec if you like, I think I have all numbers and documents somewhere in my binder.
I can really recommend this spec as the car runs very smooth from 700 rpm up to 7000 rpm. A great daily driver and you have all the power you need if racing.

Good job on the video :thumbs:

I'd be worried about a halfshaft or U-joint breaking when taking off like that at the strip.... solid U-joints are $15 a piece (BruteForce from AutoZone), cheap insurance.... same for the safety loops, $50 maybe.... piece of mind..... hope you never need them but it's good to know they're there....

That said.... I don't have safety loops either (yet) :confused2::suicide:

Karsten:
Could you get me the BruteForce joints?

With a little luck, I can find a colleague visiting US from my company, who can take the joints to Sweden!