Not my lucky day.

That sucks. I may have an extra manifold laying around for a small block.

Edit - I guess it's a Smokin' BBC huh? A small block manifold ain't gonna help....

When I was 18, I changed a whole fleet of 454 work truck manifolds. Almost always the gutter side. They would go thru a puddle during rain, and the manifold would crack.

Yes it's a BB...thanks for the thought on the SB manifold.

Howard, I'll keep you in mind.

Still debating on what I'm going to do...headers would be nice, but that would require quite a bit more outlay. I've done some research on the BB vette manifolds before and most of what I read indicated that they flow really well. Of course the engine internals are modified adding 100 HP over stock, but it still has the stock intake/heads. Not sure how much benefit headers will give me. Maybe an additional 15 to 25hp?

Bird, sad news is that these were the originals....and you might be able to tell from the pic, they were powder coated. I think the coating significantly reduced the engine compartment temps...but even better, they look almost as good as when they were done back in early 2008.

Last edited:
Yes it's a BB...thanks for the thought on the SB manifold.

Howard, I'll keep you in mind.

Still debating on what I'm going to do...headers would be nice, but that would require quite a bit more outlay. I've done some research on the BB vette manifolds before and most of what I read indicated that they flow really well. Of course the engine internals are modified adding 100 HP over stock, but it still has the stock intake/heads. Not sure how much benefit headers will give me. Maybe an additional 15 to 25hp?

Bird, sad news is that these were the originals....and you might be able to tell from the pic, they were powder coated. I think the coating significantly reduced the engine compartment temps...but even better, they look almost as good as when they were done back in early 2008.

They can be welded

They can be welded

cast iron ??? I doubt it will last very long. while it can be welded (high pre-heat, might want to try inconel rod...) but it won't be structural and it won't hold up to vibrations... in that location it might crack as soon as you tighten the header bolts.....
By all means, it's cracked already, nothing to loose and I'd be the last one to say "don't try".... but....... $200 for some shorty style headers don't seem tooooo bad....... :sweat:

I'm not a fan of cast iron, it's fine for the block and maybe a BBQ but that's about it IMO.....:crutches:

They can be welded

cast iron ??? I doubt it will last very long. while it can be welded (high pre-heat, might want to try inconel rod...) but it won't be structural and it won't hold up to vibrations... in that location it might crack as soon as you tighten the header bolts.....
By all means, it's cracked already, nothing to loose and I'd be the last one to say "don't try".... but....... $200 for some shorty style headers don't seem tooooo bad....... :sweat:

I'm not a fan of cast iron, it's fine for the block and maybe a BBQ but that's about it IMO.....:crutches:

Super glue then hahaha