non-stick gaskets

wolf

hi everyone,

i'm wondering about the pros and cons of nonstick gaskets?

specificially the ones for the carburetor -- the one between the carb and the intake manifold flange, and the different bowl gaskets.

paper versus non-stick gaskets.

should i use a silicon sealant for the carb to intake manifold?

thanks

:cool:

I prefer the non stick gaskets but if you don't plan on taking stuff apart for a long time, paper works equally well

using non-stick gaskets, the torque setting would be the same as for paper gaskets?

holley carb mounting 1/2" nuts to intake manifold 100in/lb, or is that too much?

thanks again

thanks for all the info.

my nuts are 1/2" size. carb is holley 4777-2. intake is alu
is the original nut size 5/16"? with washer?

Last edited:
are you talking about the thread size or the wrench size??? carb bolts are 5/16, 1/2 is pretty big, used on some main caps

The non stick , blue gaskets are a real good bet, we buy them by the 100, from Quick Fuel Technologies, spray them with WD-40 before you install them, can take them off between rounds or once a year with NO ISSUES, Buy far best under carb gaskets are the GREY ones and rub white lube into them, they can come on and off countless times and will not leak. DO not use silicone or RTV anywhere around the Carb, it will just make a mess and IS affected by fuel and Fuel Fumes.

Last edited:
wrench size.
i have to use a 1/2" socket to unscrew the nuts.

Yes, but a 1/2" wrench is not what they mean w/ torque specs for a 1/2" bolt, they mean the thread size LOL. if you torque your carb to 1/2 bolt specs you'll snap them all off

Carb dock, do you have a source for those nylon float bowl bolt seals/bushings in larger quantities than 4???

wrench size.
i have to use a 1/2" socket to unscrew the nuts.
Yes, but a 1/2" wrench is not what they mean w/ torque specs for a 1/2" bolt, they mean the thread size LOL. if you torque your carb to 1/2 bolt specs you'll snap them all off

so what do i torque the carb mount to intake nuts to? 100in/lb (8.3ft/lb) or as you suggested 20ft/lbs (240in/lb)?
i don't want to warp the throttle base plate.

:confused:

Last edited:
The non stick , blue gaskets are a real good bet, we buy them by the 100, from Quick Fuel Technologies, spray them with WD-40 before you install them, can take them off between rounds or once a year with NO ISSUES, Buy far best under carb gaskets are the GREY ones and rub white lube into them, they can come on and off countless times and will not leak. DO not use silicone or RTV anywhere around the Carb, it will just make a mess and IS affected by fuel and Fuel Fumes.

i have plenty of paper and blue non-stick gaskets. thanks for the idea with the wd40. i'll give it a try.

Nylon Bowl Bolt seals are available at most speed shops, Moroso, Barry Grant Holley etc all offer them in sets of 8, Email me, I have them in bulk , can eaily set you up.