New Guy from the North

Mr.Kiss

Hi everyone

I gotta say you guys have a great place here - the download section is so good and is greatly appreciated, i wish i found vettemod a long time ago.

Well a little about me, i am in Calgary AB so i only get to play 6 months out of the year. I have had a 79 vette for 20 years now and it has undergone a few transformations but it has just been the last year i have spent alot of time on it. It started out as a l48 - what else can a guy say about that :blush: , it stayed like that for 5 years. I got the BBC bug and built a 427 with aluminum heads and a tri-power, Let me say that made it alot more fun, time to go to the dragstrip. It got a l88 hood, 700r4 and a 4.11 gear after that. I Raced it alot and burnt alot of av gas. That engine lasted 5 or 6 years then got hurt really bad and i had to bury it. The car sat for 8 years rotting away, so i figured it was time to wake it up. I ordered a 620 hp GM572 and some hooker sidepipes and changed up to 80 style bumpers. Now it burns pump gas and feels like the change when i went from the 350 - 427. In a attempt to solve some traction problems i installed a 6-link rear suspension new springs and shocks and a traction bar and all new leather and carpet. But it still destroys tires, but i have alot of fun doing it.

If anybody is thinking about rear suspension mods consider a 6-link it is so easy to instal - not even a days work. I only get 0.2 degree in camber change from top to bottom of suspension travel plus all the side load is off the half shafts. It incorperates drive shaft loops on the half shafts which makes the rear end NHRA leagal to 10.5's.

Anyway great site guys lots of great reading here.

Terry

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen.....

My car was a L48 also, not so much into BBC and drag racing, but it would be fun to drive something with another 300 ft lbs of torque....

:yahoo::devil::flash:

Hey mr.kiss, I'm also from Calgary. Moved to southern BC a few years ago. Much longer summer :bounce:

Last edited:
Here are some pics of my car.
892498e0dbd8bd86.jpg
892498e0dc03b4c4.jpg
892498e0dc511ce3.jpg
892498e0dca4789a.jpg
892498e0dcf95ac8.jpg

This last picture was alot of fun.. i put alot of snakes on the highway that afternoon ... just marking my territory .. showing who the big dog is around home. :bounce:

Nice Vette.

Maybe we can get together sometime - very few people on these forums are from Calgary.