New Again!!!!

kwplot34

Heart Attack
Was out driving the vette today to get some miles on the motor. Had to stop and take this pic, It is new again :yahoo:
384fe496b98369c.jpg

I have 300 miles on the motor now,some in town and highway driving. and all is well.

Was out driving the vette today to get some miles on the motor. Had to stop and take this pic, It is new again :yahoo:
384fe496b98369c.jpg

I have 300 miles on the motor now,some in town and highway driving. and all is well.

How many motors have you had in that car? You must have been ideling at 1500 to shake enought to fuss up the picture.

384fe496b98369c.jpg

How many motors have you had in that car? You must have been ideling at 1500 to shake enought to fuss up the picture.

3 motors. the original L82 is on a stand,put a 1k miles on it before i pulled to put in the 388,maybe 3k on it before i pulled it for the 409 that is now in there,and it has 300 miles on it now,those were some expensive miles.
The motor does idle at 1500 rpm,and with solid mounts,it shakes a little bit

Why so high idle?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

i have had it down to 1100-1200 rpm,but it does not like it there for long,motor starts loading up. It could be that i dont have the new carb adjusted properly yet, or that cam just does not like that low of an idle.

Why so high idle?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

i have had it down to 1100-1200 rpm,but it does not like it there for long,motor starts loading up. It could be that i dont have the new carb adjusted properly yet, or that cam just does not like that low of an idle.

Do you have vacuum advance?