My motor has more cost over runs than a defense contract

Solid LT1

Getting close to getting this new bullet completed. Can't wait to do some pulls on my friend's dyno.

The bullet:
SolidLT1newbulletfrontview.jpg

The dyno:
NextyearschampionofOZ.jpg

BobWirthRDdynoconsoleGH490.jpg

Sweet setup, the both of you .....but shouldn't that be a beer can on the console??

:clap::thumbs:

The motor on the that dyno right now makes over 2.75HP per cu/in of displacement and revs to 10,500RPM. I don't think my buddy wants to relax while handling this $100K "physics expirement" and light his 1/4 million dolar dyno cell on fire. He has already caught a broken valve spring on this motor before it could do any major damage (spring failure was from a manufacturing flaw.)

Beer will be consumed after it resets the 1/4 mile record at the races.

HUMM....how did he catch the broken spring?? started running ragged at some rpm?? did he know which cyl had the busted spring before opening it up?

:amazed:

You want my motor details, "it's a Corvette motor":p

GM 4.155" Bore X 3.50" stroke (380 cu/in) AFR 195cc heads, ported Super Victor, Holley HP Ultra 750CFM carb. Manley 6" rods, 44lb crank, Comp Cams custom profile tight lash roller with Isky EZ roll lifters (about $1K for a set of those!), T&D shaft rockers with spring oiler option (scored the set of T&D 1.65:1 intake rockers off Ebay for $160 brand new :bounce:) exhaust rockers are 4340 steel just like the NASCAR boys run.

Block was detailed/deburred by yours trully and I fitted the steel splayed 4bolt center caps myself on a Bridgeport mill. I also "ported" the oil passages in the block and drilled the front galley for my Accusump feed line. I was going to go with a dry sump oil system but, ran into some packaging issues and left that for future use. If this block fails to hold-up, I just scored a GM "Bowtie" HD engine block for $850 and it will be fitted with all the hardware in this motor.

Oil pan is a custom made Canton circle track pan with "road race" type baffles/gates in it. Windage tray is a louvered sheetmetal part.

I junked all the AFR hardware and went with Manley "severe duty" intake/exhaust valves, Isky "Tool Room" valve springs, Xceldyne tool steel retainers that are lighter than titanium retainers but about 2-3times the cost (I was lucky and got a deal on those retainers because the shop I have the motor in was using them on 9600RPM circle track motors and they didn't like working at 9600RPM, my motor will only see around 8200RPM so, I have a big margin of saftey there.) Xceldyne cam belt drive, 3/8" X 0.135 heavy wall pushrods (heavy suckers and again not cheap!) Mahle flat top pistons, compression is right at 10.75:1 (should run on our crap 91 octane pump gas.) Ignition will be crank trigger MSD6 AL-2 (pogrammable timing curve.) Isky EZ roll Red Zone roller lifters (no needle bearings, but big draw down on your bank account when buying them.)

Headers are still to be determined but, probably Stahl side exit pieces when I'm done.)

I'll be happy with 495HP/420ft-lbs of torque and have been told to expect a bigger number than that.

You want my motor details, "it's a Corvette motor":p

GM 4.155" Bore X 3.50" stroke (380 cu/in) AFR 195cc heads, ported Super Victor, Holley HP Ultra 750CFM carb. Manley 6" rods, 44lb crank, Comp Cams custom profile tight lash roller with Isky EZ roll lifters (about $1K for a set of those!), T&D shaft rockers with spring oiler option (scored the set of T&D 1.65:1 intake rockers off Ebay for $160 brand new :bounce:) exhaust rockers are 4340 steel just like the NASCAR boys run.

Block was detailed/deburred by yours trully and I fitted the steel splayed 4bolt center caps myself on a Bridgeport mill. I also "ported" the oil passages in the block and drilled the front galley for my Accusump feed line. I was going to go with a dry sump oil system but, ran into some packaging issues and left that for future use. If this block fails to hold-up, I just scored a GM "Bowtie" HD engine block for $850 and it will be fitted with all the hardware in this motor.

Oil pan is a custom made Canton circle track pan with "road race" type baffles/gates in it. Windage tray is a louvered sheetmetal part.

I junked all the AFR hardware and went with Manley "severe duty" intake/exhaust valves, Isky "Tool Room" valve springs, Xceldyne tool steel retainers that are lighter than titanium retainers but about 2-3times the cost (I was lucky and got a deal on those retainers because the shop I have the motor in was using them on 9600RPM circle track motors and they didn't like working at 9600RPM, my motor will only see around 8200RPM so, I have a big margin of saftey there.) Xceldyne cam belt drive, 3/8" X 0.135 heavy wall pushrods (heavy suckers and again not cheap!) Mahle flat top pistons, compression is right at 10.75:1 (should run on our crap 91 octane pump gas.) Ignition will be crank trigger MSD6 AL-2 (pogrammable timing curve.) Isky EZ roll Red Zone roller lifters (no needle bearings, but big draw down on your bank account when buying them.)

Headers are still to be determined but, probably Stahl side exit pieces when I'm done.)

I'll be happy with 495HP/420ft-lbs of torque and have been told to expect a bigger number than that.

I knew it was something cute from the pix....:beer::shocking: