Misc Vintage Racing Clips

Is that an original car from 1966? The guy says stuff is 100% correct makes me think it's a reproduction. Never seen or heard of this car at Lemans.

Reactions: rtj
Is that an original car from 1966? The guy says stuff is 100% correct makes me think it's a reproduction. Never seen or heard of this car at Lemans.

I wondered the same thing as you. I had a bunch of useless searches until I added "bread wagon" and the site above popped up. Several good posts.

Yes it is a replica, but lots of correct parts.

That wore me out just watching them move all that stuff!

I wonder what they paid for everything?

That wore me out just watching them move all that stuff!

I wonder what they paid for everything?

My guess is by buying everything, they got a good deal. But it had to be big $$$.

Some one had pack rat'ed that stuff for years. :)

Looked like maybe that was an estate (pack rat'r died)? My guess is $300K minimum. Hard to tell how many parts were there.

Reactions: rtj
Yeah, I guess it depends on how many rare parts he had (l88 engines, etc.). :)

But, watching their videos they seem pretty car savvy, so maybe it was a win-win.

Anyway, here is another cool vid YouTube offered.

I made the mistake of watching a couple of Mount Everest videos, now my feed is packed with them.

Green mamba guy's new car.

Not vintage, I'm just too lazy to start a new thread.

Looks like they fabricated adapters for the new style bearing housings. He mentions the Tom's axles, but already has a flange and bolts.

IMG_0842.png

The kit for modern bearings in c3 ta's: https://www.racevette.com/new-products-progress.html

"use an OEM Corvette bearing hub assembly.
A. This has bigger and stronger 12 MM studs. They are larger than the original 7/16" studs.
B. Use your original Corvette rotor, just drill the stud holes out to 1/2" for a perfect fit.
C. Your original aluminum Corvette rim fits perfectly after we provide you with the correct 12 MM lug nuts. D. Your original brake caliper bolts on, along with the stock brake hose.
E. If your wheel bearing should ever fail it is readily available.

3. Racevette uses a premier USA axle manufacturer who provides us with a top quality axle.
A. We designed this part to slip in for easy bearing replacement if ever needed.
B. It bolts to the existing Corvette drive flange.
C. You utilize your original half shafts. "

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'm not a lawyer, but Duntov says they are the only ones licensed by GM to build these. Superformance gets their license from an agreement with Duntov is what I read somewhere. Now a Dutch company is building them.