Memorial Day

big2bird

Charter Member, Founder Bird-Run, Cruise-In Bird-R
To those who gave their lives, I salute you.
To those who served, I thank you.
To my father, now deceased, a Naval Chief, I honor you best that I can.

That's nice B2B.

I've been pondering all day the general thesis of the day. Thankfully I don't have any personal losses to Combat in my life although we've all been military for throughout my memory.

My Dad and Uncles survived Korea and we didn't have any Vietnam age cousins although I just missed it. Richard Nixon saved my life.

How can we truly appreciate the sacrifice made when so many of our citizens will not donate their time to the service? The price of freedom is not free.

In the sixties the Peace Corp was a huge draw to hippies eager to serve and pay their debt to society. How do we redirect and reinvigorate that same selfless service to aid ailing America?

BTW, I did some more sanding on the 81 flanks yesterday, I hate sanding....

I grew up just not far from ARLINGTON, and so over some decades, visited more than a few times, two with relatives....

Took wife Linda here before we married, up to see the sights in DC, asked her on way back south what she remembered most....

ARLINGTON.....without one microsecond hesitation....

she had never been north of Georgia before then....

little ole' Florida native,.....:devil:

Well said Jeff.

My father served in Korea. Fortunately for me he made it out alive. He passed a few years ago. I always remember him on this day.

That's nice B2B.

I've been pondering all day the general thesis of the day. Thankfully I don't have any personal losses to Combat in my life although we've all been military for throughout my memory.

My Dad and Uncles survived Korea and we didn't have any Vietnam age cousins although I just missed it. Richard Nixon saved my life.

How can we truly appreciate the sacrifice made when so many of our citizens will not donate their time to the service? The price of freedom is not free.

In the sixties the Peace Corp was a huge draw to hippies eager to serve and pay their debt to society. How do we redirect and reinvigorate that same selfless service to aid ailing America?

BTW, I did some more sanding on the 81 flanks yesterday, I hate sanding....

Take away their T.V, video games, computer, internet and cell phones.