McMastercarr's Shipping costs.

Maymyvetteliveforever

I don't have an account with them and didn't want to go through the registration process just to find out how much shipping charges would be. Anyone know if there is free shipping over a certain amount or whether there shipping costs are reasonable. I understand that it will depend on the weight and amount of the order, but can someone give me an idea.

Last edited:
There shipping costs are super low. Even for oversized items. They get better rates than an average person.

They are also very easy to deal with, call them and they will give you a shipping quote.

I bought from them back in 2005 or 2006, shipping for small items is quiet high - like $9.95 for two bolts and two nuts (my leaf spring bolts) ... shipping actually higher than the price for the bolts.
I bought drill bits and taps from them when I did my brakes and new wheel studs, tools were like $50 but shipping was still $10 or so....

BTW, I usually register using some fake name and address if I only want to know price for shipping (correct Zip code of course)...

I used to buy tons of stuff from them until they stopped shipping INTL. Their intl rates were very reasonable also.

I bought from them back in 2005 or 2006, shipping for small items is quiet high - like $9.95 for two bolts and two nuts (my leaf spring bolts) ... shipping actually higher than the price for the bolts.
That's weird. I buy stuff from them all the time and I can't beleive the rates they get.

I'm looking at an invoice right now. A pressure switch, a pipe fitting, a motor start capacitor and a 12mm drill bit. Shipping cost: $4.62

That's weird. I buy stuff from them all the time and I can't beleive the rates they get.

I'm looking at an invoice right now. A pressure switch, a pipe fitting, a motor start capacitor and a 12mm drill bit. Shipping cost: $4.62

Yeh, but you are next door in Slohio....aren't they up your way??

I sent some bolts overseas from them.....

krazy.....:hissyfit::censored:

Maybe they changed since 2006... Summit did the same and reduced the flat rate to $4.95 for orders under $25....

I think $10 for shipping a box incl the packaging crap that they use is somewhat reasonable, you're often screwed if you only need one small part....

INTL shipping is a PITA because even the post office now requires the custom forms to be filled out down to the detail ..... many companies just don't want to deal with this....

I think they ship from all over. Here in So. Cal., I ordered some stuff, got it the next day -- but I didn't ask for (or pay for) overnight service.

And, they have just about everything I need, plus a few things I don't, so if the shipping is a little more, I'm willing to pay since I don't have to look elsewhere or wait long.

Mike

They have a magnificent warehouse in SoCal somewhere near my friends house in Duarte. They have their own UPS facility on site. You can't even imagine how huge this operation is. I get stuff the next day from my order here in Vegas.

That said, they are not the bargain basement. But if you want any bit you can spell they will have it.

McMasterCarr shipping is failry cheap, but I am in the states. I order a bunch of weird stuff on R&D projects and they always have it in stock and ship right away. That always is worth more to me, it already takes me long enough to do the engineering side so I don't like to wait on the little parts for long. I have never called in, their website is outstanding and like I said I have always had great service.
Thanks
Justin

I buy a lot from them at my work and I always have it the next day with very low shipping costs. Art