Mayan Prophecy

Twin_Turbo

Der Maulwurf
It looks like the Mayans were almost right... I just got about 300 database error notifications and sure enough VM was down. DB conn. error. Pfew!! The world almost ended here

5 am here we were having a big wind & rain storm, I was fast asleep when a big ass tree came down and hit my house. For a minute I was wondering WTF was going on, maybe that 12-21 prophecy thing, then I realized it was a tree, that no glass was broken and all is well. It was still dark out so I went back to sleep.

KABOOM_zps2b952aad.jpg

:amused: I wonder if any of the Mayan Doomsday preparers saved their receipts.:amused:

Ralphy

:amused: I wonder if any of the Mayan Doomsday preparers saved their receipts.:amused:

Ralphy

I do Search and Rescue, and we have several people involved who are classic preppers - what is interesting to me is all of their prepping doesn't make them less nervous rather it makes them more so...

Ralphy

I do Search and Rescue, and we have several people involved who are classic preppers - what is interesting to me is all of their prepping doesn't make them less nervous rather it makes them more so...

Hey,
I'm in rural Georgia! I've seen my share of some, over the top. I'm not saying it's not wise to be prepared. But the depth some go to. I worked with a guy from Philly that kept more than ten loaded rifles against the walls in his house. It consumes some people!

I live in the land where The Walking Dead is filmed, also Zombieland was filmed here. People actually believe!

zombie-250.jpg

Ralphy

Last edited:

Ralphy

Hey,
I'm in rural Georgia! I've seen my share of some, over the top. I'm not saying it's not wise to be prepared. But the depth some go to. I worked with a guy from Philly that kept more than ten loaded rifles against the walls in his house. It consumes some people!

I live in the land where The Walking Dead is filmed, also Zombieland was filmed here. People actually believe!

zombie-250.jpg

Ralphy

I'm kind of a bastard, I tend to ask them questions which spin them up more... like - so how did you prepare for EMP? do you reload your own bullets? what kind of covering to you have for your windows? ... the list goes on. I was raised on a farm/ranch so most of the stuff preppers do was part of our normal lives - which, knowledge, in my hands, is a very dangerous thing :D

Zombies = meth addict.... if you live rural anywhere, you know they're far worse

zombie-250.jpg

Ralphy
Twice at the same place?! there must be a reason.....
Let me guess, extras don't need makeup :amused:

zombie-250.jpg

Ralphy
Twice at the same place?! there must be a reason.....
Let me guess, extras don't need makeup :amused:

I think it's the background scenery. Plus we have a movie studio here out in the middle of friken nowhere. Their supposed to be shooting a sequel to Zombieland, not sure where. Other films are being done also. Lawless, The Odd Life Of Timothy Green, Joyful Noise, Drop Dead Deva, Get Low. Sweet Home Alabama and Fried Green Tomatoes. Georgia just gave the movie industry a big tax break and they are here more than ever. I met Dolly Parton last winter, nice woman and small, I mean short. The wife wanted to get an extra part when Lawless was shooting. I took her and they said, hey you goober you look like what we want. They took a couple of mug shots but never called. They needed a driver for one piece. Another larger studio is being built not to far from the airport.

http://www.riverwoodstudios.us/

I get a kick out of the zombie thing the most.
Where's the efn Twinkies? LOL!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeS6DvyLScE[/ame]

SBG I like that, I'll try that one. We do have our share of meth addicts also. We're on the edge of nowhere, GA. I'm sure I'd get a boot up my ass if some local heard me say that. We had a bow hunter robbed while walking back to his car about two weeks ago. Took his bow a 30-30 rifle, cell phone and wallet. Our local paper once wrote an article about a pile of dirt being moved. I'll always cherish that one.

Ralphy

Last edited: