Lurker comes out of the shadows

Ozzy

Hi folks, as the title says I have lurked here off and on for some time.

I am 56, I once retired, but now working as a Union tradesman. Just a po' working man with caloused hands.

I find this site to be friendly and helpfull allowing individual tastes to be accepted.

As you all know most "vette" sites turn their noses up at most if not all of the thinking out of the box body mods.

I currently have an 87 coupe and an 02 coupe, both 99% stock.

The 87 was an on and off again 2 year project which I completed this summer. I did all the work other than sewing the seat covers.

Stripped the paint down to the oem primer and painted with ss/au.

Gutted the interior, applied dynamax darn near everywhere I could.

Built fiberglass speaker boxes for the doors, similiar to the Bose boxes but they hold Infinity Reference 6 1/2 coaxial speakers.

Monster cable from the Pioneer head unit to the Pioneer amp mounted on the rear bulkhead, then 12 guage speaker wire to the rear 6/9 Reference speakers and to the forementioned front speakers.

New mass backed carpet, arm rests,jamb pads,custom leather bread box eliminator, window seals, and all weatherstripping.

Flushed the power steering and the brake fluid. changed the trans fluid too.
New adjustable shocks and cat back exhaust, along with new brake pads.

Now I am ready to think outside of the box and build a C3 something along the lines of a "narrow" wide body with late model styling cues.

No set in stone agenda, just a project that will evolve as time money and ideas allow. Possible a 454 lsx or a 572 bb and a tremac tranny for a power train.

3-4 years from now I hope to be cruising around in a custom C3 and grinning like a bird fed cat .

But before I can start on the C3 I need to get the wifes 65 Mustang coupe project completed, but that is a whole other story.

Thanks in advance for all the help you guys will be providing!

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen...

Sounds like fun, should be interesting, something about the C3 that brings out the best and worst in modifications....

:nuts:

Welcome to VetteMOD!

You sure have a lot a projects. Take lots of pictures.