Little Romp on Hwy 2 SoCal

That c6 sounds really nice. All i can hear on your car is exhaust noise. Why does everybody put loud ass ghetto blasters on C3s?

That c6 sounds really nice. All i can hear on your car is exhaust noise. Why does everybody put loud ass ghetto blasters on C3s?

Ah aesthetics, such a cruel mistress. My C3 has a nice sorta iron block throaty rumble. It's just stock LS manifolds and cats through Magnaflow pass through mufflers, no cherry bombs or any such thing. :confused:

Sure sounds good, what headers did you end up using? those camaro conversion headers?

Sure sounds good, what headers did you end up using? those camaro conversion headers?

Those are still just the stock cast iron LS1 headers -> OEM Cats -> 2.5" dual steel exhaust through Magnaflow X-Pipe and Magnaflow Mufflers (pass through, no baffles or anything). Very plain and simple. Very having an all aluminum engine, most people are fairly surprised at how chunky it sounds.

When I get around to re-tuning, I'd like to go with some American Racing Headers for GTO (looks like best chance for fitting). But those are pretty expensive, so I might just go with some Kooks or similar until I find the ones that fit.

I'm at 390 WHP with a conservative tune (something like 18 degrees total timing) and stock manifolds. I'm guessing with some good LTs and a more aggressive tune, should kick up to 420-430 I suppose, though that's just speculating.

The reason for the conservative tune is that the engine is a touch on the high compression side and that was the timing necessary to keep it from detonating on 91. I run Torco now for something on the order of 93-95 (not exactly scientific). So it should be ready for some timing. . .