Im Home!

kwplot34

Heart Attack
Made it back from Alaska this afternoon with my new Bride. I'm ready to get on the plane and go back. High of 60 every day,the sun never sets,no humidity and high heat.
We were married on July 4th. A small wedding in a little log cabin church in the middle of nothing. We had a great time :bounce:

Congratulations Kevin!!!!!

May you and your Bride have a wonderful lifetime together!

:bestwishes::bestwishes:

Congratulations!

Now all you have to do is get brave enough to introduce her to the Vette guys.
No need to worry about me- I'm in Canada again- until the end of July at least and maybe into August.

Congratulations Kevin! Glad to hear you two had a great trip.

I used to live in Alaska (that's where got my '69). I'm interested in hearing more about your trip and what places you visited.

Once life settles down a bit for you two give me a call. I finally got done with all the move stuff and am looking forward to meeting you and your new bride.

Again, congratulations. :thumbs:

Mrs. Bird and I are tickled to death you have found a soul mate.:bestwishes: She sounds great on the phone, and will fit in with our motely group just fine.
We would like to fly back for the party, but I just tore 30 cubic yards of house out, and we are living in half the house. LMAO.
I can't be outdone by Darrow. :):thankyou:

Thank you everybody. Laurie is great, and we will have a great life together. She is a farm girl from Kansas and has no problem with the outdoor life and getting her hands dirty.
She is very anxious to meet all of my vette friends (and she loves my vette).

Congratulations Kevin! Glad to hear you two had a great trip.

I used to live in Alaska (that's where got my '69). I'm interested in hearing more about your trip and what places you visited.

Once life settles down a bit for you two give me a call. I finally got done with all the move stuff and am looking forward to meeting you and your new bride.

Again, congratulations. :thumbs:

Alaska was great :thumbs:
We stayed in Giggle Wood,its just north of Wassila and a little south of Talkeetna, just outside Denali glacier park. Had a little cabin on a lake.
We took a ride on an old Super Otter around Denali glacier park and to the peak of Mt McKinley with K2 aviation. Hired a guide to go fly fishing on the Susitna river for trout, caught a few rainbow's, greylings, and i hooked a red salmon. Now that was fun on a fly rod with 8# test line.
Went white water rafting on some class 3&4 rapids with NOVA on the Matanuska glacier fed river,DAMM that water was cold :push:.
Went hiking on the Matanuska glacier,that was a great hike.
Had a couple of atv's while we were there and went riding on the trails,which are everywhere. Have no fear i had my Ruger 44 rem mag with me.
We are going back in October,Laurie has to work at the hospital in Anchorage again,and i am going hunting, taking my Bow,and i will be bow hunting for bear :eek: taking the shot gun for Grouse and a little more fly fishing.

I will give you a call but i do not have your # yet!! send me a PM with it.

I will get some pics posted later.
BTW: the temp was 60* for a high and upper 40's for a low.And the sun never went down.

Congratulations!! When I was there, I stayed in a little cabin just north of there in the Trapper Creek area. BEAUTIFUL!!!!