I want to be mad, but just can't

clutchdust

Millionaire Playboy
Don't know how many of you are familiar with the project but about 3-4 months ago I picked up a '94 Suburban super cheap because the heads were cracked. Pulled the motor and went through it and now it's just the little things to do with a 20 year old truck, like the alternator shit the rear bearing a couple weeks ago.
Last weekend the Mrs wanted to go out and visit her dad at his house in Pahrump, about 70 miles away. We wanted to take our dogs since he has room for them to run around so we decided to take the 'burban. So Saturday morning we load up the dogs and drive out to Pahrump. While there, I run around and visit a few friends and make a few stops. All in all, about a dozen stops that day. Late that night we load up our dogs and head home.
The next day I go to move the 'burban out of the driveway and it won't start. Some troubleshooting revealed the starter shorted out. Now I want to be really pissed after all the work I've put in this thing that the starter took a shit on me, but then I think that it had just enough starts left in it to get us home. How sucky would it have been if I had stopped for gas halfway and it wouldn't restart at 11pm with three dogs in the back?
Sometimes I really want to believe that these things just "know".

My daughter just sold her '95 Suburban. It served her well but was starting to eat her alive in fuel and maintenance costs. They are great trucks! I like the 4wd versions, I had a '78, they just walk through all kinds of stuff.

Yup, 'Burbans all over the place down here, Expeditions and Exploders too, I dunno how in hell folks spend that much money driving them things here....

had to bury a '99 Exploder for engine seizure....they run the piss outta the thing until it blew up, lack of care or maintenance....amazingly stupid....

:crutches: