How's Everyone Doing on the Eastern U.S. Hurricane Path?

I am in Greensboro, NC. We had some heavy winds at times, but virtually no rain. The rain line hit Raleigh. I'm about 100 miles west.

We got off easy compared to the coast and northeast.

Im right on the shore... pretty minor flooding and some strong winds. Definitely not worth evacuating in my town. Some nearby towns are flooded pretty bad, but it seems like minimal damage otherwise. It was warm and sunny this afternoon. :fishing:

I'll bet the news channels were really dissapointed. Most of the coverage I saw looked liike they were really desperate to find something.

Reminds me of this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgm3_jzcNm4&feature=related[/ame]

Well I lost power Sunday morning at 4am and still don't have it back. There's quite a few trees and power lines down in my area, but none on my property. I also had some flooding in my back yard (I can walk to The Great South Bay on the South Shore) where my storage shed is, but the water just came up to the floor, but never crested. The floor is 8-12" off the ground. The flooding was from a creek 175' away.

Overall, not too bad for me.

I heard CT, VT, NH and Upstate NY are getting it worse due to flooding.

The "news" report that some people are not happy about the precautions taken and the mandatory evacuations..... some people seem to think that it wasn't all that bad and it was just over-reacting and the .gov being too conservative with their warnings.... well.... I feel it's best to prepare for the worst while hoping for the best.... it seems some people made it thru this easy (or easier than expected) but they're still complaining... hmmmm, if you're unhappy that your house didn't get damaged then check your local Craigslist - maybe you can find someone local who can help you with that... :censored:

I'm glad it wasn't as bad as predicted... still bad enough though.... last time I checked it was like 18 dead on the east coast

The "news" report that some people are not happy about the precautions taken and the mandatory evacuations..... some people seem to think that it wasn't all that bad and it was just over-reacting and the .gov being too conservative with their warnings.... well.... I feel it's best to prepare for the worst while hoping for the best.... it seems some people made it thru this easy (or easier than expected) but they're still complaining... hmmmm, if you're unhappy that your house didn't get damaged then check your local Craigslist - maybe you can find someone local who can help you with that... :censored:

I'm glad it wasn't as bad as predicted... still bad enough though.... last time I checked it was like 18 dead on the east coast

I completely agree. If the govt. had not warned people, everyone would bitch. You can't have it both ways. It's not an exact science, and being on the side of caution was prudent.
I think after Katrina, the govt. is paying better attention.

Yeah some people are just idiots and need to bitch. I know a few people that didn't make it out so great, but are, thankfully, ok. I'm happy the only major loss to me is electricity. Becides potential food loss, the no electric has been fine. I'm very thankful for everything else to be just fine.

We had high winds, heavily saturated ground, trees down and minor flooding. I got a little water in the basement but nothing to get upset about. All in all we got off easy around here. Some of the rural areas around here took it pretty hard - many local rivers and streams are spilling over their banks - one 20 yr. old woman lost her life when she drove into a flooded road and was swept away....

I completely agree. If the govt. had not warned people, everyone would bitch. You can't have it both ways. It's not an exact science, and being on the side of caution was prudent.
I think after Katrina, the govt. is paying better attention.

Had it made landfall as a cat 3 and destroyed everything in it's path, those same people would be complaining that the government is doing enough to prevent/ease their misery. There are people who will complain regardless of the situation....miserable people....people that I like to avoid......

apparently all those folks north of Connecticut...like Vermont and NY state are really hurting bad....massive floods and gross loss of property....

phreak out time, the damn rivers are still climbing but 17" of rain does that shit.....I dunno my 30' of elevation be enough that thing settle over Florida....

:hissyfit: