Help me install this weatherstrip part

denpo

Carburated Nihilist
I'm currently test fitting all my weatherstrip, and there is one part that's been bugging me for a couple of day :
http://shop.docrebuild.com/1973-1982CorvetteLeftWindshieldFillerWeatherstripReplacesGM471997.aspx

80-32103_e8fe8a558d4141098912c0d0b735c6cc9ef339b0.jpg

I know it's an extension to the windshield pillar weatherstrip, and I've found a picture that give me a rought idea of where it should go.
Problem is, on my car ('76) I don't see holes around where the head of this part is supposed to go.
I'm a bit at lost and start wondering if Vette of this year ever sported one, regardless of what DrRebuild's site states.
So can anyone confirm or infirm this?
And if such part was supposed to be there, I'd love to see a picture that shows how it's installed.
I've found nothing useful on the web and the AIM is pretty vague on this.
Thanks in advance.

Is it the one at the bottom of the door sill under the striker?

Edit: door sill rain diverter is what some call what I'm thinking of.

Last edited:
Looks like the passenger side A-pillar weatherstrip to me..... Just took a photo but cannot upload from this stupid Iphone.......

Thanks you guys, it's all good, Willcox on CF posted a pic that shows it all.
Case closed.

A part for the weight loss thread .....

A part for the weight loss thread .....
Indeed.
At this point of the restoration it's a puzzle game, and it's satisfying to know everything is going back to its place.

Give me a year of or two of driving and then I'll have a look at this CF birdcage I see in my dreams :twitch:.