Hello

SLAMMIN SAMMIE

Hello All.

New to forum and need all the assistance I can get. My name is Sammie Johnson. I live in Summerville, SC. I have a 1981 corvette in which I am in the middle of a frame off restoration. Frame is starting to go back together as everything has been blasted, primed and painted. Later this week i will be picking up an LQ9 motor out of a 2002 Cadillac Escalade and a 4L80E transmission ( is the 4L80E viable or should i go with a 4L60E / 4L70e?). I am looking if someone can tell me this will be a set up that will work with minor modifications. I have read so many threads online sometime i feel like the gray matter between my ears will explode.

I know i will have to change the oil pan with and F body oil pan. I realize that i will have to modify or purchase a modified transmission mount cross member. I realize that i will need an LS throttle body, rails, ECM, TCM, accessories, wiring harness, etc... Have I missed anything? Looking for some help from those of you who have completed an LQ9 swap to help me along if interested in helping a fellow corvette owner. my thanks in advance for any direction that could be given.

Welcome to the motley crew.....

IMO, from everything I have heard is that a 4L60e would be possible a long time before the 80, reason is the sheer size of the pig, you would have to modify too much of the trans tunnel and then the rear cross member.....

now I know nothing of that engine output....but have to say, I have had a 700 r4 in my '72 that was a stick shift, Muncie car....and so had to move the right side trans tunnel out a bit to clear the trans....same for the 200 4r that is in there now.....gear ratio is more liveable in traffic with a 3.x gear ratio.....

Hell of a project, and of course pix are welcome.....

:smash::thumbs:

Welcome !!!!!

There are some really nice LS swap pans out there (Summit/jegs) but not sure if and what is needed for this swap into the C3 Chassis.... Looks like there's plenty room.....

For simplicity post separate questions in the sub-forums so the questions get the proper attention (and you get good and specific answers)

Ok, just saw that you already did..... :)