headers for angle plug heads?

AJ77

I'm going to be looking at a pair of AFR 210cc heads soon that a friend has. If the price is right, I might pick them up. The only thing is I'm pretty sure they're angle plug where the ones I have now are straight. I've looked in Jegs and Summit for headers but they don't say which ones will work for the angle plug heads. I would probably want long tubes seeing as how I'm not real happy with the block huggers I have now. The only ones that specify "angled" are the Hooker Super Comps @ around $700. I was hoping to get by a little cheaper than that. Any suggestions?

I have stock #113 aluminum head angle plug heads....and have no idea how they line up with yours....

but I used Schoenfeld #151 www.schoenfeldheaders.com

now on the #5 and 6 I also need ceramic plug boots....Jacobs...I went and got all 8 on there....but only 2 are really necessary....

:crutches:

I have AFR 210s and am using Hooker Super Comps pn 2134. I had to dimple the #6 tube about 3/16" to clear the tip of the spark plug.

Previously, when I used GM 492 angle plug heads, there were no problems.

I bought some Hedman headers for my angle plug ZZ4. The headers I bought were listed for application with straight plug heads. They fit on my ZZ4 angle plug heads with no problem. My guess is that there's some problem with the smog rules that makes the header manufacturers want to advertise their headers as being able to fit on a specific range of engine/years. The Hedman headers I bought were for the 69 factory sidepipe exhaust system. With these headers catalytic reactors are out of the question. Most (all) angle plug engines were sold on cars with cats, so maybe that's why header manufacturers don't want to advertise that a straight plug header will work with angle plugs.

I bought my headers from Summit. If they wouldn't have fit, I would have just mailed them back. If you don't damage or scratch an item, and return in in the origanal packing box, Summit is very easy to deal with as regards returning stuff.