Greetings from Norway

arneoe

Hello everyone!

I am trying this forum to gain technical infomation about sbc. Hopefully have better luck on this forum...:)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-tech-performance/2260634-procomp190-68-64cc.html

I am 62 now and have been around since middle of the 60'ies. My main interest right now is sbc from 1970 thru 1986...

In the summer I am riding my GXS-R750 whilst waiting for more sunspots for my HAMradio addiction....

nice to meet you all!

regards
Arne

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I am trying this forum to gain technical infomation about sbc. Hopefully have better luck on this forum...:)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c3-tech-performance/2260634-procomp190-68-64cc.html

I am 62 now and have been around since middle of the 60'ies. My main interest right now is sbc from 1970 thru 1986...

In the summer I am riding my GXS-R750 whilst waiting for more sunspots for my HAMradio addiction....

nice too meet you all!

regards
Arne

Welcome to the motley crew of the Flying Dutchmen....another ham, eh?? I used to be once back in the 50-60's.....went stereo sound route instead....beep beep was not for me, then, used to build radio xmitters and receivers....multiband stuff, vacuum tube, early transistor radios in mid-grade school 7th grade....:devil::bounce:

Hello Arne -
Nice to have you on a forum with some more mature people than over at "the other forum." Many of us here had the same experience as you with "the other forum" - there are a bunch of kids over there who really don't know what they're talking about, and they don't understand common courtesy when expressing themselves.

I have seen and handled those heads. They are not of exceptional quality, and you would be well advised to completeley disassemble them and inspect all of the machine work, including the seats, chamber sizes and guide-to-stem tolerances. You should also check and verify spring installed heights, bind height and seat pressure - the heads I worked with on were set up quite poorly, and I had to buy new valves and springs after re-grinding the seats. I tested the heads on a flow bench, and although I can't find the flow numbers and results, I do recall that the numbers were about the same as a set of stock GM SBC heads, and that the numbers varied quite a bit from one port to the next - if you have the tools to do so, a little port blending and smoothing would go a long way to help those heads out when you have them apart.

I do quite a bit of work with the Norwegian Vette enthusiasts, and I'm always available to assist with parts and shipments from the US to Norway. Og ikke bare det, men vi snakker norsk her på dette forumet.

Hilsen
Lars

Hello Arne -
Nice to have you on a forum with some more mature people than over at "the other forumet" .....
....Og ikke bare det, men vi snakker norsk her på dette forumet.

Hilsen
Lars
Thank you Lars!
Nice meeting you for the first time. I have seen a lot of your technical publications, which have been of great value to all of us world wide. Many of us are using you as technical reference....

Good to know that you have been working on the actual cylinder heads. I'll take the advantage of that in due time ... , but first I have to get hands on ... I want to inspect them first to find out what to ask for ..LOL..... I'll post my findings.....

I got several hints to join in here on this forum, instead of waisting my time on the "other forum". I prefere to be kind to people and do not want to sustain verbal fights on internet forums...

Ja jeg kjenner godt til at du har vært svært hjelpsom for folk i det norske AMCAR-miljøet og dette vet jeg mange setter svært stor pris på Lars! Jeg skal prøve å se om jeg passer inn her ...... Takk i alle fall for gode mottagelsen. Kan hende treffes vi en gang ... privat eller jobb ... jeg tror vi er nesten samme bransje....
PS! Får du kjøpt akvavit til øllet der du nå bor?

hilsen
Arne

Last edited:
Be sure to put up a post regarding your inspection results on those heads. I doubt all of them are bad, so maybe you'll end up with a set that will work out well with no extra work effort required. If you need any assistance, be sure to post up a note here on the Forum or drop me an e-mail for personal response:

[email protected]

Får du kjøpt akvavit til øllet der du nå bor?

Excuse me, guys, while I answer this very important technical question...

Jeg får faktisk kjøpt ekte Linjeaquavit her, men en god flaske med Gammel Opland er ikke å få...

Lars

Hello everyone!

nice to meet you all!

regards
Arne

Anrie, the bar is set real low with that link. We WILL give you better information I promise!

Nice to see you here.

CQ CQ CQ Norway, QRZ USA KR4UD, QTH Birmingham, AL

We are getting close. I see predictions of 2011-2012, hope it is a good one. Nothing like working Europe from my truck with 10 watts from southeast USA.

Welcome! We will have to try and meet on air, QSL?

terry
KR4UD

Hello everyone!

nice to meet you all!

regards
Arne

CQ CQ CQ Norway, QRZ USA KR4UD, QTH Birmingham, AL

We are getting close. I see predictions of 2011-2012, hope it is a good one. Nothing like working Europe from my truck with 10 watts from southeast USA.

Welcome! We will have to try and meet on air, QSL?

terry
KR4UD ]

KR4UD DE LA3DV = RRR UFB OM TERRY = WE WILL SKED ON 28 VETTE2VETTE QRPP QSO VY SN = I AM QRV CW SSB ES RTTY ALL HF QRP OR QRO = BEST 73 DE ARNIE = AR SK

CONDS are pretty bad now Terry, hopefully it will be better comming sommer. I am constantly monitoring CONDS and you'll find my very often logged on the Scandinavian DX clusters.
rgds
Arne

Spring is here!

thum_95249b659e407d8a.jpg

The snow is probably gone by july. Please send us some Global warming! It does not apply here....:)

Arne

Last edited:
Global Warming? we can send you Al Gore! It's all a big lie, political propaganda. I fought the EPA for years, gave up, can't beat tha man...

Last weekend I took this picture from my Print/Corvette shop while working on T5 swap into the '82. Four inches snow. Mostly melted at this point.

IMG_2309_11_JPG.jpg

Three days later we were at 78 degrees F with the tops down. Only in Alabama, "you can run your heat and air conditioning on the same day".

Looking forward to finding you on DX soon. Don't forget to keep your license current. I almost forgot last time for wife and myself. We are approaching the 20 year renewal. I will make this public statement, I do not have an antenna on my cars, yet.......................

Best
tt

The snow is probably gone by july. Please send us some Global warming! It does not apply here....:)
Arne

Snow?? What's wrong with snow..? Put the top down and drive the Vettes:

Here's my '85 on a normal day at work here in the Rocky Mountains. I carry a rope in the back so I can pull 4-wheel-drives out of the ditch. It's snowing again right now today, too.
85insnow.jpg

If you own a roadster or convertible, never EVER put the top up - just drive faster. My '64 has never had the top up:
driving64.jpg

Thank you all for the kind reception! I'll take the advantage of your professional knowlegde about Vette mods.
To you Lars.... I think you have forgotten what snow is. What you show us is just a dash of sleet.....:lol:

Have a nice spring all of you! Attached is picture taken yesterday on the way back from work. :cool:

Arne

thum_95249ba467c34665.jpg

Just some technical remarks to Lars:
Når du er tilvendt med Aass pils fra Drammen, har du fått et helt annet syn på livet.... og det er ikke gøy å bli edru...

Last edited: